KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Experienced sock knitters.. help please? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54992)

Silver 03-05-2007 02:31 PM

Experienced sock knitters.. help please?

Would anyone volunteer to proof read my new sock knitting tutorial? The first draft is ready and I need an unbiased eye to read through and make sure it all makes sense and that I didn't forget anything important. My mind can easily turn to mush when I'm editing photos and writing the HTML page all while trying to write the tutorial, you know?

I'd like a few different people to read it, but you need to be experienced enough to be able to see if I've missed something important. This is my two toe-up socks on a magic loop tutorial.

Hopefully I can get it online this week sometime, and your help would be SOOOOO appreciated!
:hug:

auburnchick 03-05-2007 02:42 PM

Re: Experienced sock knitters.. help please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver
Would anyone volunteer to proof read my new sock knitting tutorial? The first draft is ready and I need an unbiased eye to read through and make sure it all makes sense and that I didn't forget anything important. My mind can easily turn to mush when I'm editing photos and writing the HTML page all while trying to write the tutorial, you know?

I'd like a few different people to read it, but you need to be experienced enough to be able to see if I've missed something important. This is my two toe-up socks on a magic loop tutorial.

Hopefully I can get it online this week sometime, and your help would be SOOOOO appreciated!
:hug:

I wouldn't call myself exceptionally experienced, but I am almost done with my third pair of socks.

I would love to read through the instructions, follow along, since I just bought long cables JUST for this reason, and provide feedback.

PM me if you want.

Thanks!

SandraEllen 03-05-2007 03:02 PM

I've only made a 3 pairs of socks, but i'm a pretty darn good proofreader. I'd be more than happy to help.

Knitting_Guy 03-05-2007 03:13 PM

As I've never done any toe up socks, I'll have to trust ya.

Stonington 03-05-2007 03:59 PM

Silver,
This is so exciting.. I learned using your tutorial and have wanted to try the toe-ups! Thanks for all you do.

anne

MaryS 03-05-2007 05:05 PM

Silver,

I've never done any Magic Loop, but I've done 3 or 4 pair of toe up socks.
If I can be of any help I'll be glad to proofread.

PM me if I can help!

Mary

kemp 03-05-2007 05:49 PM

Hey Silver! Toe up is my preferred method and I've done several. Let me know if you still need a proof reader :)

Silver 03-05-2007 06:33 PM

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

hunterjenn 03-05-2007 06:37 PM

Yay! I just started some with this techique, but decided to wait until the tutorial's ready before I do the heels. Can't wait to see it when it's done!

kitkat 03-05-2007 07:56 PM

I have crossed over to the dark side of circulars vs dpn's but no experience in toe up or ML....but I am very anxious to see this!