KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Jordana Paige Bags - opinions? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55070)

Kirochka 03-06-2007 03:20 PM

Jordana Paige Bags - opinions?

I keep being overcome with lust for the Jordana Paige Knitter's Satchel. Before this, I lusted after the Messenger Bag... so obviously I have a problem with staying true to one bag design. I don't actually have either, and I don't actually need either, and they're expensive...

... but anyway, if anyone has any comments to make about the bags, I'd love to hear them... to help me with my decision-making process. I haven't seen the Satchel in person - saw the Namaste version at Wool & Co. this weekend and wasn't really impressed, so if you have experience with both and can compare them, so much the better. Also, are they comfortable to carry? Do the materials hold up (I've seen used bags posted for sale and they seem to rip inside a bunch...)?

Thanks in advance!

sara_jayne 03-06-2007 03:27 PM

Hey Kare :heart:

I love love love love my knitters satchel! I should have brought it with me when we saw you in Febuary :doh:

The only thing I *don't* like about it (and it is a big not like) is that if you fill it too full the top clasp does not hold. It is great to use as a purse and to carry a small project (like socks, scarves, hats, wrist warmers, etc.) but fitting anything larger is a problem. I ended up wrapping a hair tie around the claps so it would stay shut, but I crammed a TON of stuff in their while out of town.

Other than that I love it - the leather is just luxuourious! I have the graphite one! I love my husband for spoiling me with it! :cheering:

Kirochka 03-06-2007 03:30 PM

Thanks, Sara! (And I'm extra happy the leather isn't really leather, too! Not that I totally eschew leather - I haven't gone vegan (yet?) - but if I can get an alternative, I'm happy!)

How long have you had it? I'm still concerned about the tearing that seems to happen in the linings... :thinking:

ecuzzacrea 03-06-2007 03:32 PM

I love mine. I've had it since last May and I pretty much carry it with me every day. It has enough room for knitting, a small purse, etc.

My only complaint is that it's not deep enough for most books. I usually copy patterns anyways, but a few times I've had a problem with this.

Jan in CA 03-06-2007 03:35 PM

Check the buy/sell/swap forum for pics and info, too.

Kirochka 03-06-2007 03:40 PM

Jan, do you mean Silver's posting, or is there another one?

Jan in CA 03-06-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirochka
Jan, do you mean Silver's posting, or is there another one?

Yeah, Silver's post. I just realized it may be a different bag though. :doh:

brendajos 03-06-2007 04:07 PM

yeah it is the bag that is no longer made. ...and i love that bag.

anyway i have the messenger bag in the pink tweed and i love it BUT i did have a problem with the bag tearing at the seams. it still works well for when i have a lot of stuff to carry (and i mean A LOT!) but the fact that it tore like that in less than a year of use bothers me. I also found the strap peeled a little bit but it isn't noticable where it happened, i only know because i had to take it off of there.

I did fit a lot of stuff in there... i was able to tote around baby blankets i was working on even (yeah that could have been the tearing problem and like to blame it on that so i don't have to worry that it is the construction) and i do still use it when i need to... but sadly, i would not buy another style of THIS bag from her. I am not opposed to NEW styles from her though.

sara_jayne 03-06-2007 04:14 PM

I've only had my bag since Christmas and I don't really carry it all that much - no need to carry a purse/knitting to work when you work from home ;) It doesn't seem to have all that many lose fabric parts that can rip or get caught. Like Elizabeth said it really doesn't fit books all that well - I could get the Sensational Knitted socks in there but it had to be bent a little to get it in there.

Silver 03-06-2007 04:25 PM

I've only used the red knitters purse, but I loved it while I was using it. I stuffed it with everything I might need. I know praise doesn't help now since it's discontinued, but I can only imagine that JP bags have gotten better! :)