KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Lacey Socks: RAINY DAY SOCKS (Adorable!) (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56384)

Arielluria 03-30-2007 05:05 PM

Lacey Socks: RAINY DAY SOCKS (Adorable!)

This is SO adorable, I can't wait to make it........after my current 4 OTNs become FOs! LOL! I'm afraid it might be too advanced for me. Has anyone made this?

They're called Rainy Day Socks, I hope that means they are a fast knit.

MoniDew 03-30-2007 09:02 PM

OMG!! Those are DARLING

I am in :inlove:
________
YAMAHA PRO AUDIO

Nikita-amimono 03-31-2007 09:33 AM

Wow! :heart:

Beautiful !!
I love them :drool:
Great color !!

But, hey, it says
Difficulty- Intermediate-Advanced :verysad:

That means, well, in my case,
it will be on my list for the future project. :pout:

Niki

jjminarcik 03-31-2007 03:24 PM

Those are soooo cute!!!

Arielluria 03-31-2007 04:43 PM

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! :heart: :cheering: :heart:
I can't wait to hear from someone who has made them to see just HOW advanced it is. I have 4 OTN now, but as soon as I can I'll give it a try and see if I can handle it. The nice this is if you have a problem you can go to the LYS and ask them how to do it.

JJ, how did you like your new LYS? They have encouraged me to take in any hard projects to explain. They have a great book selection too. So does Barnes & Noble in the Woodlands, and it's right next to the Starbucks in the store, so I can grab and sit right away! I hinted to hubby about getting me a book on easy socks. ;) Ya! Like he's gonna remember that!

1to1 04-03-2007 01:32 PM

Just wanted you to know that I just started making socks on 3/9 and Rainy Day Socks are my 3rd pair. I didn't have any problems with the pattern once I figured out the picot edge cast on.

Go ahead give it a try!

PS Forgot to mention this is my first cuff down pair.

Debbie 04-03-2007 03:22 PM

I have been swatching the lace pattern .... very easy ... it is the top edge that has me skeeeeeered !

Doublereeder2 04-06-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

I have been swatching the lace pattern .... very easy ... it is the top edge that has me skeeeeeered !
You can do it! Go for it, girl. Trust the pattern. :happydance: They are in my next sock queue.

Arielluria 06-28-2007 02:11 PM

I finally have these OTN, started them while in the hospital with my mom last week. The Dr. loved them so much I gave her my pattern and had to stop until I could get home to reprint them :)

I've only started but I love them already. I wonder if I'll be able to cover them up with shoes once they are ready. LOL!

Arielluria 06-28-2007 02:16 PM

Did you figure out the top? I figure you leave the provisional caston until the end and then do the picot edge there. Is that what you came up with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doublereeder2 (Post 820872)
You can do it! Go for it, girl. Trust the pattern. :happydance: They are in my next sock queue.