Forum Forum (
-   How-to Questions (
-   -   Help needed with a stitch ..K5B(knit stitch 5 rows below) (

tguzman 04-10-2007 01:38 PM

Help needed with a stitch ..K5B(knit stitch 5 rows below)
Does anyone know of a visual i can see on this ?? I'm more of a visual girl .. hee hee ..

i'm doing this hat

Braden 04-10-2007 04:43 PM

I don't know of a visual, but I can try to help:

You count 5 rows down. Go into the 5th stitch, and knit into it. Knit on.

Does that help?

tguzman 04-10-2007 05:45 PM

okay so i when i slip the st off the needle and pull down till i get 4 strands the live st i knit it ?? so i put it back on the left need and knit it then knit on ?? :?? man oh man you think they would give visuals on this .. hee hee

this is their (fibertrends) explantion :
K5B (Knit stitch 5 rows below):Slip the next stitch off the left needle and drop it down 4 rows . (There Will be 4 strands of yarn above the stitch.) Put right needle into the front of the free stitch and UNDER the 4 loose strands. Knit from this position, catching the loose strands behind the stitch. Give yarn a gentle pull before knitting the next stitch to take up the extra slack.

suzeeq 04-10-2007 11:26 PM

That sounds exactly like what to do. You drop it, but you'll be knitting in the stitch in the 5th row so it won't unravel all the way.

tguzman 04-11-2007 11:07 AM

Okay but im not really getting the little puffs like the pic shows .. :( .. and i am knitting tight .. :shrug: doesn't look like the pic .. when i get home i will show a pic of what it looks like ..

suzeeq 04-11-2007 01:07 PM

It may take going beyond that row and knitting the following ones for the puffs to look like they're supposed to.

Ingrid 04-11-2007 05:28 PM

Make sure that when you knit your stitch, the strands are being caught by your working yarn.

jbmiller1975 01-06-2013 11:07 PM

just looking around at questions and saw yours. if you are still doing the k5b stitch, there is a video. google k5b stitch and it will show you.