KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Secret Pals, Knitting Swaps, Etc. (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58469)

katiebug081504 05-10-2007 11:30 PM

Secret Pals, Knitting Swaps, Etc.

I am really interested in particapating in one of these, can anyone give me info about them and where to find them?

snowbear 05-11-2007 02:42 AM

we just are finishing up with the last one.. we're down to the last 2 to receive.

Generally, just watch the posts.. since we all ( it seems) has loved it, I'm sure there will be another one soon.

So, just watch,, join in.. and know you're welcome.

Nobones 05-11-2007 04:55 AM

I want to join the next one too! It was fun watching you guys get your parcels and sharing in your enjoyment.

I already have a few ideas on what I would put in a parcel!

Looking forward to joining in

Sanibelle 05-11-2007 10:52 AM

The swap was so much fun - I met the nicest people through the swap. The person that sent me yarn lives in California and I am hoping that she come to NY to visit one of these days. The person that I sent yarn to lives just ouside of Amsterdam and since I will be going there in September I know that I will get to meet her then. Since she is from NY too originally I am already starting to think about what suprises I can bring her.. (bagels!)

With that said what does everyone think of doing another swap soon but this time it is 2 packages - one with suprise yarn and then a month or 2 later we would send a second one where we actually make something to send to our swapper? It could be something as simple as a scarf or a bag like the booga bag.

I would even be willing to coordinate if Kblue did not want to do it again....

Please let me know your thoughts and if anyone would be interested.

Lynn

Leah22b 05-11-2007 11:01 AM

Oh that sounds like fun. I would be interested in joining!

rennfamily 05-11-2007 11:22 AM

I'm so in! This one was so much fun and I just can't wait!!

VickyS456 05-11-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanibelle
The person that I sent yarn to lives just ouside of Amsterdam and since I will be going there in September I know that I will get to meet her then. Since she is from NY too originally I am already starting to think about what suprises I can bring her.. (bagels!)

mmmmmm.... bagels!!!!!! :eyebrow: "everything" bagels are my favorite... ya know.. in case you were wondering.

(OT: Lynn, I got your last email and will respond in a bit, it's been crazy around here.)

So, when is the next swap? I'm in! I had a blast and I got to know some lovely ladies :heart:

threesmom 05-11-2007 11:38 AM

Me too! Me too! I've just been trying to figure out what they were all about - and I like the idea with 2 packages - more fun! Keep us posted -

MommaG 05-11-2007 11:51 AM

I think I would be interested in this. It sounds like a great way to make even more knitting friends.

robynbird 05-11-2007 12:42 PM

Me me me!!! :)