KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   my first visit to a real yarn shop (update with pic) (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58492)

ironmaiden 05-11-2007 05:12 PM

my first visit to a real yarn shop (update with pic)

holy guacamole.

it was so incredibly beautiful - it took me almost an hour just to pick something to buy.

i am so excited - the woman who owns the store teaches a class once a week, and judging from their inventory and all of the gorgeous samples hanging around the store, it's got to be a whole lot better than the ac moore class i took last week!

anyway, i walked out a little lighter in the wallet with a skein of sockotta, two skeins of malabrigo and the denise interchangeables :teehee: .

now, what to make with 2 skeins of malabrigo? i couldn't let myself buy more - i was determined to get out of there for less than $100 (barely did at that).

Quiltlady 05-11-2007 05:17 PM

Fun

Sounds like you did enjoy yourself. I think the owner got a new customer for life. :happydance:

ironmaiden 05-11-2007 05:20 PM

Re: Fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiltlady
Sounds like you did enjoy yourself. I think the owner got a new customer for life. :happydance:

better believe it! it was so cool. i wanted everything i saw.

and the women working there were so helpful and nice - sometimes i get an icy reception at craft-type stores bc i'm young or because the salespeople are just rude in general - not here - they were older but really wonderful (and not in that icky fake retail way lol).

i can't wait to try out the class on tuesday :D.

iza 05-11-2007 05:30 PM

Isn't that great? I love my LYS too, and I have to force myself NOT to go because I like it too much. :teehee: When I go in, my heart starts pounding, and I just go frantically from one yarn to the other, touching everything. :rofl: There's nothing that makes me happier than going to my favorite yarn store! :cheering:

Chel 05-11-2007 06:53 PM

Regarding the Malabrigo... what color did you get? Pics please? :eyebrow:

Just FYI, I got a pair of Fetching and an Irish Hiking Scarf out of 2 hanks.

:)

ironmaiden 05-12-2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chel
Regarding the Malabrigo... what color did you get? Pics please? :eyebrow:

Just FYI, I got a pair of Fetching and an Irish Hiking Scarf out of 2 hanks.

:)

I'll have to take a pic tomorrow - I picked two colors, one is a dark turquoise ("Bobby Blue") and the other is a sort of pale seafoam green ("Water Green") - I figure they'll look lovely together :).

And I realized how much yarn it really was once I started winding some balls - it's a decent amount for certain, enough for something(s) :D.

ironmaiden 05-12-2007 11:04 AM

Pic :)

[/img]

Quiltlady 05-12-2007 07:43 PM

pretty

Oh it looks like you made some great choices. Don't you wish you had a million bucks to spend in there? :roflhard:

jeanius80 05-12-2007 08:28 PM

i :heart: loooooove :heart: the malabrigo choices you made!
if you cant decide on what to knit you can send it here :teehee:

:flirt:

knitwit628 05-12-2007 08:49 PM

sorry if i sound weird but... what is so great about malabrigo? i've heard it a lot on this forum but i dont think i have ever seen this yarn before :?? :shrug: