KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Oddball Blanket #5 is FINISHED!! WOO HOO! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58704)

Shandeh 05-17-2007 03:52 AM

Oddball Blanket #5 is FINISHED!! WOO HOO!

Here is the main blog for our 4 Oddball Blankets.
http://blanketfinder.blogspot.com/

The Oddball Blankets are created by 25 knitters, each knitting their portion of the blanket, then mailing it to the next person in line. Shandeh starts the blanket, and keeps the knitting "live" on a set of circular needles, which will travel with the blanket from house to house.

Each blanket is made with any washable worsted weight yarn in our stash. Shandeh casts on 300 stitches, and knits the beginning inch and a half, then writes a little message in a journal, puts the blanket in a ziploc bag with a dryer sheet, and packages everything up (usually with a bonus gift for the next knitter), and ships it off.

Each knitter gets TWO WEEKS to work on the blanket.
They will add their preferred yarn, and knit their choice of design on every row up to a total of 3 inches. Each person will end their knitting with a wrong side row of all knit stitches, in order to make it easy for the next person to add their portion to the blanket.

Here is a photo of our first Oddball Blanket, to give you an idea of how it may develop:

When the blanket leaves the last knitter, it is sent back to Shandeh, who will knit the final inch and a half, then add a border. Finally the blanket will be given to a worthy charity. :)

Here is the current list of knitters who are interested in participating in this blanket:
  • Shandeh (as usual)
  • kellycarr05
  • Teeka
  • GJ
  • Tobinknit
If any of you have any allergies to pet hair or smoke, I will place you at the beginning of the blanket. I personally do not have any pets, and I do not smoke, so I'm safe at the top. When the blanket is completely finished, I will wash it, then give it to charity.

debinoz 05-17-2007 12:05 PM

I wouldn't mind signing-up, Sandy. That is if you don't have to be pet-free, kid-free or smoke-free! Let me know.... I can even do two rounds if that would help, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to knit next, so I have the time.

JamOKnit 05-17-2007 01:20 PM

Hi, if you still need knitters I would be happy to contribute! Can you repost the requirements? (how much each person knits, how long they have to do it)

I may be moving soon so if you just PM me before it's my turn to receive it, I can give you the most current address!

I've never done a blanket before...always seemed too ambitious and scary...so hopefully once I try this, I'll be off running to buy yarn for another blanket of my own!!

Shandeh 05-17-2007 01:53 PM

Hi debinoz and JamOKnit! :)

I've updated the original post at the top of the page with guidelines for knitting and pet allergies.

If you are wanting to join, please send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list of knitters! :muah:

Mariblue 05-17-2007 02:35 PM

Hi Shandeh, I'll join in on this! I'll send you a private message.

remclave 05-17-2007 06:32 PM

Didja get my pm?:inlove:

snephenie 05-17-2007 07:52 PM

I just PM'd!!!
YAY!! I can't wait to do a blanket!!!! :heart::heart:

JamOKnit 05-17-2007 08:44 PM

Hi Shandeh! Sent you my PM.

Shandeh 05-18-2007 01:26 AM

Woo Hoo! :happydance:

Lots of knitters have signed up to join the Oddball Blanket #5 KAL!
:muah::heart::muah:

Note: I still need mailing addresses for GJ and remclave. :hiding:

Here is our current list of knitters (not in order yet)

Shandeh
kellycarr05
Teeka
Tobinknit
GJ
debinoz
JamOKnit
Mariblue
remclave
snephenie
ADAllen

That makes a total of 11 knitters, and we need 25,