KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Happy Gay Day!!! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60470)

feministmama 06-16-2007 10:36 PM

Happy Gay Day!!!

It's pride this weekend in PDX http://www.pridenw.org/ :muah:

I gotta organize some rainbow knitting for next year. Anybody have any good rainbow/pride knit patterns?

HamaLee 06-16-2007 10:38 PM

No ideas but, Happy Pride! :cheering:

(and hooray for my state keeping *all* adult marriage legal!)

Sara 06-16-2007 10:39 PM

I don't have any patterns, although DD adores rainbows and I should look for some. :shrug: :teehee:

But--Many Happy Returns of the Day, Femmy!! :heart:

knittinmomma 06-16-2007 10:52 PM

Punky Power!!:cheering:

...didn't she sport a nice rainbow scarf?

Have fun this week-end....

and I'm lost..what state allows all "adult" marriages? I thought Hawai'i was the last one, and when I lived there..they were out-lawing that? ....someday, i hope, this won't be a question anymore. Everyone deserves happiness, is it not in our constitution?

HamaLee 06-16-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittinmomma (Post 880639)

and I'm lost..what state allows all "adult" marriages?

I live in Massachusetts, the only state in the nation that allows gay marriage (and full, same-exact marriage--not a civil union separate-but equal thing).

However anti-equality groups (they, of course, call themselves "pro-family institutes") have been lobbying to put an amendment to the constitution on the ballot that would define marriage as man-woman thus outlawing legal gay marriage. Blah blah boring legal stuff it has to have at least 50 votes in the senate two consecutive sessions to get on the ballot, and they just had the second vote--only 45 votes, thus killing the proposed ammendement! (For now I suppose...the lobbying has already begun again)

brendajos 06-16-2007 11:00 PM

The 14th Ammendment makes all of the "Gay Marriage" laws unconstitutional actually.

*shakes fist at biggots*

feministmama 06-16-2007 11:27 PM

We just got civil union in Oregon. It gives les/bi/gay folks same rights as hets but only in the state of Oregon:-(

BinkyKat 06-16-2007 11:37 PM

There was a parade here 2 weekends ago. I am glad that our town is such that folks can celebrate. Some participants wrote to the paper saying they appreciated how nice the volunteers and the support of the police dept for traffic control and such. It was peaceful yet I am sad that one has to be so floored by the simple kindness that everyone deserves.
Everyone deserves to have the same happiness and right to be married as far as I'm concerned. Live and let live I always say:hug:
Happy Pride!:cheering:

KnittingNat 06-17-2007 04:55 AM

Happy Pride Day!
I hope the Pride parade in Jerusalem on the 21st of June will go as planned, without anybody stabbed by the orthodox like 2 years ago. These people are so narrow minded... They put a curse on the gay community and the youngest use the "purpose" to go around and burn garbage as "protest". I think everyone deserve their happiness...

kellycarr05 06-17-2007 03:42 PM

I noticed that everyone who has posted to this thread seems to be in favor of homosexual marriage. I also noticed that several of you have expressed frustration at those who donít agree with you. Iíd like to take a moment to explain, without anger or hatred from either side, why some people may disagree with your point of view.
As a devout Christian, my husband and I are unable to support homosexuality in any form Ė marriage, civil union, or otherwise. The Bible specifically forbids us (the book of Romans is a noticeable example, although there are others). Iím sure youíve seen examples of hatred coming from some Christians; I hope that this will not bias you against all Christianity. Personally, my husband and I have a good friend who is bisexual. He knows that we are against this, and the discussion as to what is right or wrong has continued for some time.
The point is that we continue to discuss. I realize that most of you will disagree with me, and that I will not change your opinion in this short post. I hope, though, that you will not consider everyone who opposes homosexuality as a bigot, intolerant, or other such similar term. We do not hate the person, even if we hate what we (very strongly) perceive to be sin.