KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Calling all Christians! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60577)

madametj 06-18-2007 07:52 PM

Calling all Christians!

Remnant publications is collecting used Bibles to send to Africa. Their goal is to collect 4 million by December 31, 2007. (they are accepting monetary donations as well). Visit YourBibleSaves.com for more information. (click "video appeal")

Christians in Africa are literally straving for God's Word. They will spend 4 days without food to save enough money to buy a Bible. What would you sacrifice?

Every $2 you give will buy one Bible, and every Bible will be shared with at least 20 people through Bible studies and other means. This means that if you give $20, you are giving 10 Bibles and witnessing to 200 people.

My family has already started collecting Bibles. All we've done so far is collected the extras lying around the house, and bought about 4 or 5 for $0.25 at the thrift store. I plan to collect much more, but I'm not quite sure how right now, I'll have to pray about it.

I'm really exited about this project and I how you are, too.

What would you sacrifice?

ETA: here is the address to send the Bibles:

Bibles for Africa
649 East Chicago Road
Coldwater, MI 49036

you can also enter your zip code at the website to see if there are any Bible Drop Off locations in your area.

auburnchick 06-18-2007 07:58 PM

So you can actually send Bibles? I didn't take an in-depth look at the site, but I am intrigued. My daughter just bought a new Bible, so this would be a great way to recycle her old one.

madametj 06-18-2007 08:06 PM

yes you can send them to this address:

Bibles for Africa
649 East Chicago Road
Coldwater, MI 49036

also, as i was searching for the address on the website, i noticed that you also have the option to bring them to "Bible Drop of Location"s, but there were none in my zip code:shrug:

auburnchick 06-18-2007 08:22 PM

Ahhhh...now I see...

Thanks!

luv2knit 06-18-2007 08:41 PM

Wow that is so cool! Thanks for the information!

madametj 06-18-2007 09:06 PM

no prob :thumbsup:

rebecca 06-18-2007 09:53 PM

Thanks a lot for the info! I have a few sitting around the house unused that I used to hand out to the youth when they entered my class at church, but since i can't teach anymore I still have them, so they will go to a very good cause! And, our youth group just returned from a very wonderful camp (odd, my baby who used to love going to youth retreats was a leader this year!) would probably love to get involoved, I'll email our youth leader now! Thanks so much!
WOW, often I don't realize just how blessed i am!! We are a very blessed nation/nations that are able to be online on this forum, knitting, having freedoms to do so many, many things that billions of others can't even fathom! Makes ya think.....

madametj 06-18-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 881992)
Thanks a lot for the info! I have a few sitting around the house unused that I used to hand out to the youth when they entered my class at church, but since i can't teach anymore I still have them, so they will go to a very good cause! And, our youth group just returned from a very wonderful camp (odd, my baby who used to love going to youth retreats was a leader this year!) would probably love to get involoved, I'll email our youth leader now! Thanks so much!
WOW, often I don't realize just how blessed i am!! We are a very blessed nation/nations that are able to be online on this forum, knitting, having freedoms to do so many, many things that billions of others can't even fathom! Makes ya think.....

Thank you so much for what you've done in the youth ministry.:hug:

Another thing that gets me fired up about this project is that these people are dying young of HIV AIDS and going to Christless graves. It makes me want to cry!

I go to a huuge church, and I really want to get them involved, but i don't know who to talk to about it (there are soo many ppl there). but anyway, you can get bulletin inserts from them, and they have newspaper ads also (if you are willing to pay for them yourself)

Ronda 06-19-2007 07:09 AM

Cool. I think I have a few I could donate.

salos 06-19-2007 07:16 AM

Thanks for the link. This is a great way to give truth and hope.