KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Need for baby items (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60607)

MaryB 06-19-2007 08:16 AM

Need for baby items

Our church contributes to a program called "Into His Arms". The group provides burial clothing for babies found abandoned. I have been asked to contribute knitted blankets and caps.

How sad that these innocent lives end abandoned and alone. I feel the need to wrap these little ones in a hand-made blanket and by doing so wrap them in love.

If you would be interested in knitting simple, small blankets and caps please PM me.

I also have a stash of baby yarn that I would be happy to send to anyone who would like to contribute and needs some yarn.:thumbsup:

salos 06-27-2007 01:52 PM

Mary, Hi. I'm currently rearranging my yarn priorities. So I don't know if I'll be able to help your project or not. I think the program is so sweet. I wish you well and hope you get a lot of support.

MaryB 06-27-2007 02:03 PM

Thanks for your kind words. If you find the time, there will always be a need------how sad is that.

Shandeh 06-27-2007 06:05 PM

I'll be glad to help. Just send me your mailing address, or the address for the church or the organization.

MaryB 06-28-2007 05:02 AM

:muah:Sandy, thank you!:muah:

I don't know how you find time for all the wonderful things you do!

I'll PM my address-----I think you have it from the Oddball blankets and shawls, but I'll send it again.

larudden 06-28-2007 10:45 AM

Newborn sized hats? My mom is a crazy fast knitter and loves loves loves to make hats, since she can basically do one in a night.

I'm gonna ask her if she wants to make some.
Blessings,
Leslie

Shandeh 06-28-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryB (Post 890535)
I don't know how you find time for all the wonderful things you do!

Well, I have time, because I don't really like to knit for myself. I'm a plus-size girl, so it takes FOREVER to make myself anything. Plus, it uses a LOT of yarn when I do. (The only thing I really ever make for myself is socks.)

I don't knit Christmas gifts, because I did that one year, and didn't really see that it was appreciated as much as I thought it would be. So, I prefer to knit for those that really need it.

I have lots of yarn, because people are always giving me yarn for my charity knitting. (Once I got a bag full of 200 skeins from a lady who works for a yarn company!) So, I'm equipped to do lots of charity knitting.

I knit ALL THE TIME, carrying a project with me wherever I go. I knit at stoplights, doctor's offices, dentist offices, church, restaurants.

If I'm sitting, I'm knitting. :wink:

aineepooh1 06-29-2007 02:13 AM

OK~ Question for you : what if its a CROCHETED item and not knitted? I just recently learned to crochet (:cheering::cheering::cheering:) and I have found that baby blankets go much faster crocheted than knitted IMHO.. would you be interested in crochet and/or knitted items.. Or do you just want knitting?
I:heart: baby items.. they are small and so quick to make~!:aww:

MaryB 06-29-2007 09:10 AM

Crocheted items are very welcome. We just want to wrap these tiny ones with love. I'll PM my address.

Thanks!:hug:

aineepooh1 07-01-2007 01:50 AM

maryB .. I PMed you~!:aww: