KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Crochet! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Show Your WIP's Here! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60611)

larudden 06-19-2007 09:43 AM

Show Your WIP's Here!

1 Attachment(s)
I figured we needed to grow this group, so here's a place to show off what's on your hook!

I learned to crochet when I was in the 7th grade (a looooooong time ago!) but have always just made easy stuff.

I checked out Cozy Crochet from the library and I love it. Here's a pic of the Cozy Kercief I'm currently working on. Peaches and Creme cotton.
Blessings,
Leslie

robynbird 06-19-2007 10:44 AM

Here are a couple of my finished objects

And a WIP - a quilt-ghan

larudden 06-19-2007 11:38 AM

Neato Robyn! Love your stuff! Gosh, I've always been extremely frightened of pictures in knitting and crochet. I get anxiety just thinking about a chart!

I want to make a market bag, darn it! I bought a huge thing of cotton when Michael's had their sale last week so, hopefully, it'll be a bag one of these days.

Oooh, and that quilted looking piece is so nice.

Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,

Friskums 06-19-2007 11:50 AM

Wow robynbird, those are really impressive! :shock: :inlove:

robynbird 06-19-2007 12:01 PM

Thanks. The one with Michael on it was my first time making something with a chart and it's a little sloppy. The quilt one is just little granny squares sewn together.

robynbird 06-19-2007 12:02 PM

Leslie, your kerchief is really nice! I just got the SnB Happy Hooker and plan to make the fat bottom bag soon. :)

marykz 06-19-2007 12:19 PM

Lion brand's website has an easy crochet market bag that uses the regular cotton. (I'll try to take a pic later) I made mine out of cotton ease and it was fun! Here's a sample of my potholder/dishcloth insanity.... (watermelon, and lemon)

and doll dress from Bella Bambina

I've done this pattern in 3 different yarns and lenghts for the doll- this one in blue, a slightly shorter one as a swing top in a baby blanket multi, and a bolero type length in pink/orange (fiesta bolero!)

I'm in a dishcloth mania with the crochet right now... I have a book from Leisure Arts Kitchen Crochet in Cotton, and one with The Big Book of Dishcloths- 99 designs to crochet.

rebecca 06-19-2007 12:23 PM

Everything is lovely! I've wanted to learn to crochet, even bought a kit, then as I took the hook out and began to read directions I decided that I could be knitting, LOL! Although, I do have a great dvd with crochet sts on it, so, one day when I really decide I must do more than crochet a border I have a reference!

aineepooh1 06-19-2007 01:36 PM

:inlove::inlove:the bags~ I just :heart: SnC b/c it's such a good, basic, everyday, functional cotton that you can use for anything~!:cheering:

cftwo 06-19-2007 03:05 PM

I just finished this - crocheted body with knit edging. It was fun, but the crochet stitches shrunk up so much that even though I did the 3X size I will need to really stretch it out when I finally block it.