KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Not sure if I like all the new "improvements" here... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60678)

dplantlady 06-20-2007 06:43 AM

Not sure if I like all the new "improvements" here...

Boy, ya go away for awhile & just work & knit & work & knit, and then ya come back to visit & everything's different!

Gonna take some getting used to...

Diane

KnittingNat 06-20-2007 06:57 AM

Well, after we got used to it, it's really nice :cheering:

stitchwitch 06-20-2007 09:23 AM

I'm not feelin' the love myself. Too much to sift through with the new forums, I'm too lazy! :roflhard:

dakatzmeow 06-21-2007 09:02 AM

i'm lovin it!

misstialouise 06-21-2007 05:50 PM

I'm on the fence still.. :D

zazzu 06-22-2007 01:42 AM

I'm loving the changes. The mods set everything up in a more organized way and it's much easier to find threads now.

I was getting frustrated with the general knitting section getting overrun with OT posts. OT posts are fun, they just needed their own folder.

And the new crochet folder is great! Crochet lovers can visit, and crochet haters can avoid it. Easy peasy.

Really, I think you'll get used to this quickly. :)

five_six 06-22-2007 03:01 AM

I've gotten quite used to it, except now I have to use my memory more for the threads I'm NOT following. In the old forum if you had read a thread it was permanently marked another colour (you know, like when you have used a hyperlink before, it goes from blue to purple for eternity) which made it easy for me to see which things I had already checked. This mostly applies to the Whatcha Knitting forum. Now I find I have to remember the names of the threads I've already checked or I keep going into the same ones over and over again each day.

But apart from that, I can barely remember the old forum now.

aineepooh1 06-22-2007 03:08 AM

I am kinda on the fence too b/c some aspects like the more organized format I:inlove: . However, my only real complaint is that on the old forum you could "view your posts or view posts since you last visited." I am like another poster.. among all the boccoos of posters I often forget WHERE I posted my post:?? and I cant find it.. I REALLY liked the view posts button b/c it was SOOO easy to find my posts..
Besides that: It's all good with me. AND I DO like the OT, CROCHET forums... amy and sheldon are so great about being receptive to what the commmunity wants~!:aww:

five_six 06-22-2007 03:10 AM

Aineepooh1 - When I click on my name, i can view more posts by me... have you tried that approach to find the ones you've posted in

Silver 06-22-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five_six (Post 885309)
I've gotten quite used to it, except now I have to use my memory more for the threads I'm NOT following. In the old forum if you had read a thread it was permanently marked another colour....

The links still change colors, from red to purple once you've read them. They turn red again if there are new posts in that thread that you haven't read yet. You can click on the little red "v" just before the thread title to go straight to the new posts. :)

I love the new forum. There are A LOT more new toys and tricks to play with. Look around, be sure to check out the thread and forum tools, your user panel, and all the little images and buttons around the threads. You might be surprised at what all this new forum can do!