KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Netflix-relief for the summer reruns/reality shows! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60709)

figaro 06-20-2007 02:38 PM

Netflix-relief for the summer reruns/reality shows!

I hate summers, for some reason the tv execs think its ok to play nothing but reruns or load the stations up with reality shows. The only one I like is Amazing Race and its over for a while. And there is no way I will watch National Bingo Night!

So, I was talking to hubby while he was on the tarmack waiting for the plane to go to Hong Kong via Toyko and mentioned that I would like Netflix for the summer and he said sign up!:cheering: We are getting unlimited 1 dvd's and 10 hours online viewing for $9.99 a month! Now I just have to pick the movies...that is where I need some help. Right now there are 28 movies there and I want more. What would you suggest?

Jan in CA 06-20-2007 02:48 PM

We have the unlimited 1 DVD thing, too. I never heard of the online viewing though...maybe it's for new sign-ups only? :scratchinghead:

Anyway...I have so many videos on there it'll take us till next year to see them all. We have just started the Friends series so we could watch them from the beginning, too. ;-)

ETA: Just checked the online viewing.. it's very cool, but I don't have Service Pack 2 on my computer (am afraid to put it on) so I can't view them.:pout:

SabrinaJL 06-20-2007 03:04 PM

We have the 4 DVD plan. Right now we are watching the 1st (and only) season of Miracles. Then we will be starting on the Highlander series.

Stiney 06-20-2007 03:09 PM

A good way to get recommendations is to use their feature. They recommend movies based on your queue, and movies you've already rented from them. You can also rate movies that you've seen (whether or not you've used Netflix to do so), and they will take into account what you liked/didn't like to suggest new movies.

beckyrhae 06-20-2007 03:16 PM

We had the unlimited 2 DVD plan and I upped it to the 3 DVD plan for the summer. (My husband teaches and will be driving me CRAZY this summer.) I love NetFlix... just got new movies today too! Its a great way to catch up on all the movies we have missed and yes... rate movies! The Movies You'll Love thingie is TOTALLY COOL!

brownishcoat 06-20-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinaJL (Post 883895)
We have the 4 DVD plan. Right now we are watching the 1st (and only) season of Miracles. Then we will be starting on the Highlander series.

If you are enjoying Miracles, I'd like to point out that an Executive Producer is David Greenwalt, who was one of the original EPs (alongside creator Joss Whedon) for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. Those would be great additions to your queue, as well as Firefly.

letah75 06-20-2007 03:56 PM

What type of movies do you like? Here are a few off the top of my head.

Drama (with violence)
The Boondock Saints

Comedy
How to lose a guy in 10 days
Wild Hogs
Tootsie
SuperTroopers
Office Space

Forgein Films
Once Were Warriors
The Wedding Banquet
All About my Mother
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

Just good films
The Dark Crystal
Catch and Release
Any Kevin Smith film
Any Pedro Almodóvar film
Citizen Kane
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

orcoastknitter 06-20-2007 03:57 PM

I love Netflix. :cheering:

I watch a ton of TV series using them. I have recently finished watching The Closer series, it was pretty darn good. I am watching all the seasons of CSI. I never watched them before (I know, shocker). I don't have cable or satellite in my part of the house and the only time I get to watch TV is right before bed. Plus there are no late fees (which I am the queen of).

edited to add: I love Office Space (gotta love Milton and his red stapler).

auburnchick 06-20-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinaJL (Post 883895)

Oh, how I love the Highlander show...Gavin is such a cutie!! And I just love the whole concept of the show.

We bought a Netflix subscription for a Christmas gift for our children. Because we travel so much for soccer tournaments, and each of the kids have their own laptops, it seemed like the perfect thing. We all just love it!!!!

rebecca 06-20-2007 06:07 PM

We LOVE Netflix!!