KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO - Crochet Granny Squares Disco Throw (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60946)

bip 06-24-2007 03:15 PM

FO - Crochet Granny Squares Disco Throw

Disco throw is not the official name, it is actually "Shaded Rug" from Woman's Day Granny Squares from the 1970s. My grandma gave me the magazine and though I am a knitter, I fell in love with it and was compelled to learn to crochet. I call it Disco Throw because the picture in the original mag looks like the floor from Saturday Night Fever.

I finished the 169 squares back in Dec/Jan when I had two weeks off of work. At that point, I was so burnt out on crochet, I couldn't bear the thought of putting them together. Once I finally sat down to do it several weeks later, I couldn't really understand the instructions.

Finally, middle of last week I MADE myself do it. The assembly instructions worked just fine, I have no idea why I had so much trouble before.

This is probably my last crochet project EVER, but I am absolutely in love with the FO. The picture really doesn't do justice to the colors :(

I used mostly Caron Simply Soft though a few colors are Red Heart Soft.

Detail of middle

Detail of corner

jberry16 06-24-2007 03:27 PM

that's georgous!

ArtLady1981 06-24-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bip (Post 887143)
Disco throw is not the official name, it is actually "Shaded Rug" from Woman's Day Granny Squares from the 1970s. My grandma gave me the magazine and though I am a knitter, I fell in love with it and was compelled to learn to crochet. I call it Disco Throw because the picture in the original mag looks like the floor from Saturday Night Fever.

I finished the 169 squares back in Dec/Jan when I had two weeks off of work. At that point, I was so burnt out on crochet, I couldn't bear the thought of putting them together. Once I finally sat down to do it several weeks later, I couldn't really understand the instructions.

Finally, middle of last week I MADE myself do it. The assembly instructions worked just fine, I have no idea why I had so much trouble before.

This is probably my last crochet project EVER, but I am absolutely in love with the FO. The picture really doesn't do justice to the colors :(

I used mostly Caron Simply Soft though a few colors are Red Heart Soft.

Detail of middle

Detail of corner

Hi BIP! That is an outstanding afghan! It is really really beautiful. The colors are so well-placed! It is by the best crochet afghan I've seen! KUDOS to you!!!:thumbsup:

nonny2t 06-25-2007 07:34 AM

It is truly beautiful! Great job!

LeslieRR 06-25-2007 08:07 AM

That's beautiful! And it must feel really great to have a UFO done!

DeAnzaJig 06-25-2007 08:27 AM

Your afghan is amazing! The colors look great and I think the name Disco Throw suites it very well. :rofling:

auburnchick 06-25-2007 08:52 AM

Wow! Way to stick with the project too!

rorygilmore 06-25-2007 09:50 AM

WOW :heart:. SO beautiful. I love the colors!

Teeka 06-25-2007 10:12 AM

Well done!

mwedzi 06-25-2007 10:41 AM

That is soo pretty!