KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   excuse me, another test re my titles (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61305)

VictoiseC 06-28-2007 03:05 PM

WHY are my titles not orange?

Ok, what's the secret here? I asked this before when Sheldon remade everything, and someone said maybe it was those read and those unread but that's not it. My headings are always black and little and not BIG AND ORANGE. Why is that? Is there a setting?

:think:

Jan in CA 06-28-2007 03:10 PM

Your post titles are not red/orange even when you have new unread posts?

For me unread posts look like bold red, if I mark them read they are still red, but not bold as long as I'm in the forum. When I leave and come back they are purple like the other read posts. There is no setting as far as I know. Maybe a computer setting? :think:

VictoiseC 06-28-2007 03:19 PM

Hi Jan! Well, yes red not orange. But mine are never red, they're always black or is it blue and very light. Whether read or unread. Like, looking down the page Nobones and Syndactylus or whatever that name is, theirs are not red either. Do you see that? It's really wierd, like I'm unimportant !:teehee:

Strange. I never had that before things were changed over.

Jan in CA 06-28-2007 06:33 PM

That is very odd. I'll post a link in the mod forum and ask Sheldon to look into it.

sheldon 06-28-2007 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Let's make sure we're talking about the same things. You are referring to the forum thread listing, correct? (The main forum page which shows the separate forum names behaves the same way too).

Attachment 41122

In the screenshot I indicated with arrows examples of the default formatting for the forum. This behavior is controlled by our forum's stylesheet. If you are seeing a different behavior it is most likely an issue with your browser. Most browsers have an option that enables you to override a web site's formatting. I would check to see if you have this option enabled and if so try disabling it. Also, you might have and old KH stylesheet cached on your computer. You can try to flush it out by clearing your cache on your browser.

I hope these things help.

- Sheldon

VictoiseC 06-29-2007 11:47 AM

Oh my gosh Sheldon, THANK YOU! My DH said this morning "why don't you ask Amyys husband?" but I didn't want to bother you and here you are first thing this morning. Il will do all those things, cache etc. It's bothered me not being red like the others. (and yes that the the titles I was referring to) THANKS AGAIN!

VictoiseC 06-29-2007 12:12 PM

doing a test on my title being in red

Ok, I've moved this over to off topic. (making it more difficult for Sheldon to help me:teehee:) um, I just am trying to get my titles in red and I cleared my cache and this is a test!

Ok. It didn't work. I have to keep trying.

VictoiseC 06-29-2007 12:18 PM

Ok, I'm still not working right. I cleared the cache and temporary files and that stuff but I haven't found the browser setting yet. Will try that next. AND I moved this over to Off Topic forum so it won't be a drag here. The other thing that's weird, is I have to log in everytime even though I have checked Remember Me many times.
oh dear, oh well

VictoiseC 06-29-2007 12:34 PM

THIS IS A TEST (trying to get my titles in red)

ok, I'm trying this with INternet Explorer instead of Firefox Mozilla
geez stupid computers

nope it's still black not red grrrrrrrrrr

(I also disabled using Java because my Help thingy said that could screw things up)

suzeeq 06-29-2007 12:34 PM

I saw it in red. It's red when there's unread posts in the thread.