KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anybody out there from Portland, OR??? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61555)

Lobug 07-04-2007 05:50 PM

Anybody out there from Portland, OR???

Hi. I'm new to this site. I've been knitting for 3 1/2 years now, and would really love to find some knitters in my area with the same passion. All the knitters I know are novice/not all that into it. So if you are in or around good ol' PDX, I'd love to hear from ya!!

antonia 07-11-2007 11:23 PM

I live in Vancouver. I am new knitter but addicted.
Antonia

Momto G B and H 07-13-2007 12:44 AM

I live in the West suburbs.
I shop at The Knitting Bee when I make it into Hillsboro

Lobug 07-14-2007 10:53 AM

Antonia, Thanks for replying. How long have you been knitting?? Are there any good yarn stores in Vancouver?

Momto, Thanks for replying. I've never been to the Knitting Bee. I shop at the Yarn Garden on Hawthorne when I have money.
You have a custom designed hats album? Published or personal?? I design a lot of my knitting, and have been wondering how I could publish my patterns. Any ideas?

sarahdot 07-15-2007 12:36 AM

I'm in Portland, OR... I'm new to knitting, too! I just finished a baby blanket for my friend's newborn in Los Angeles (I moved up here last summer). I'm excited to start new knitting projects!

I love shopping at Craft Warehouse! I even travel to the one in Vancouver for their Yarn Yoga in-store event. They are so friendly and so helpful... unlike the people I've found at the Gresham store.

Lobug 07-15-2007 08:22 PM

Sarahdot, What new projects are you looking at??
What is the Yarn Yoga in-store event? I've never heard of it. I've never been to Craft Warehouse. I mainly shop at Fabric Depot b/c their prices are great. But when I have a little extra to splurge I like Yarn Garden b/c they have more exotic yarns.

wholycow 08-29-2007 04:46 PM

Vancouver,WA./PDX newish knitter here!

Hello! nice to find you all from my part of the world. I use to live in the Mt.Tabor hood,but moved to Vanc.about 7yrs.ago. I recently started knitting again after a long time. I missed it,and am so glad to have found this website. Yesterday I began my project,and knitting bag/felting method,a new experience for me.
As far as a fabulous knitting store in 'the cov'..try 'Unraveled Yarns', super people/owner/and yarn heaven. Laters...

SakuraDelia 09-07-2007 02:18 AM

I'm moving up to Portland on the 22nd. I'm going to PSU. Does anyone know of a good knitting shops close to PSU? I don't have a car, so I can't go to far. =\

Anyway, I'm a new knitter. I heard there was a Knitting group at PSU. I'll try to check it out.

VictoriaE 12-15-2007 12:47 AM

Moving to PDX

I'm currently in San Francisco, which is a good outlet for creative folks, but I am so very amped to moving to Portland in June 2008. I've done a lot of research online as far as finding LYS and such, but I do have a few questions.

Are there any stores that have an extensive (larger) selection of natural/sustainable yarns (bamboo, organic cotton, organic wool, alpaca ... etc)?
Are there any local knitting meet-ups (i.e. Stitch n' Bitch)? I've never been to one but I'd love to start doing so once I move.

Can't wait to meet you all! :woohoo:

seatulips 12-20-2007 10:12 PM

Hi, I'm in Eugene...and I've been knitting for years, nice to meet you!