KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I had my first knitting classes! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61762)

Silver 07-08-2007 02:03 PM

I had my first knitting classes!

I finally got to teach! I taught kids on Friday night, and adults on Saturday afternoon. I had one kid, and 2 adults. :teehee: But I decided that I'm not going to cancel any classes due to small class size. If they want to learn, I want to teach!! All three were sooooo thankful that I didn't cancel too because their previous classes had been canceled (by the previous knitting teacher), so it worked out great.

The kid student (she's 14) had never knit before and I had her knitting in less than an hour!! (Kids learn sooooo fast.) The crazy thing is her mom is a really, really good knitter, but never wanted to teach her daughter!?! :shock: She got as far as casting on and gave up teaching her. I would LOVE it if my daughter wanted to knit!

In the adult class, one lady already had experience, so I taught her the level II stuff, while I taught the other lady level I. I had my level II'er knitting cables in no time, and level I'er knitting and purling within 2 hours.

Success!!! I had so much fun. I LOVE teaching people to knit! :heart:
:woohoo:

Braden 07-08-2007 02:22 PM

:happydance: :happydance: Congrats! It is so fun teaching people to knit, knowing that they'll teach other people someday, and on and on. Hope you get lots more students to teach!

KnittingNat 07-08-2007 02:23 PM

Silver, that's great:cheering::cheering::cheering:! Congratulations! I wish i could attend :hug:

chrislt8 07-08-2007 02:25 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I bet your students did too :cheering:

Braden 07-08-2007 02:30 PM

You probably make learning knitting extremely fun! Congrats again!

redheadrachel 07-08-2007 05:45 PM

That's so awesome! What a wonderful experience - and it's so good when students have teachers who are so eager to teach! I know you've taught countless people to knit socks already (myself included), and now it's great that you're teaching people in person. I'm sure it'll be very rewarding for all involved! Bravo :D

gamerchik 07-08-2007 05:51 PM

That is SO AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!!

I wasn't sure if I could teach my DH, but he picked it up INCREDIBLY fast...I couldn't believe it!!! He looked like an absolute natural. It was exciting that I could teach him, so I totally understand your warm glowy feeling!!! :cheering::happydance::cheering:

stirsmommy 07-08-2007 05:56 PM

I am so glad you went ahead and held the classes. My daughter took a class this summer at our LYS and she was the only student. She absolutely loved the one on one. We had signed her so she would meet other girls but she was the only one to sign up. Her teacher came to the store an hour early every day for a week just to teach my daughter to knit. I couldn't believe it. My daughter had a little experience thanks to the videos here but I couldn't properly explain anything to her. She now loves knitting and loves the ladies at our LYS.

mks22300 07-08-2007 06:00 PM

Congratualtions Silver, glad the classes went well! :thumbsup:

angel4ever 07-08-2007 06:16 PM

Congratulations on teaching your class!