Forum Forum (
-   The Lounge (
-   -   Favorite Non-Knitting Blogs and Websites? (

brendajos 07-10-2007 12:30 AM

Favorite Non-Knitting Blogs and Websites?
The Google reader thread got me thinking about the blogs and such that i read now that are non-knitting related and I started wondering what great funny and informative blogs or websites you all love that I may be missing. I check every sunday! is written by an NBC cameraman and has very cool behind the scenes blogging. Girl living in Turkey... thoughtful and often quite funny. guy from scotland who won my heart when i got a mention in his blog for telling him to stop killing kittens! ;) Woman video blogs from Hawaii almost daily. If nothing else worth watching just for the scenery White House journalist who blogs in a somewhat snarky manner. Kind of feels like we are getting inside look of DC from her. Fun!

OOOH and these are a couple of my favorite blogs that coordinate with a couple of my favorite podcasts. Living Green

Both are Greenie websites! ;)

I can NOT believe i forgot to tell you about this one. I LOVE this blog. He can be a little bit vulgar in his language so don't say I didn't warn you. I often laugh so hard at his posts that I cry though.

Okay I think that is all I have for now. what are yours?

jeanius80 07-10-2007 01:03 AM

I am very new to the whole blogging world... and these so far are the only two blogs of non-knitting content that i read with regularity

both are centered on birthing through natural childbirth and written by midwives. :D this would be a wonderful thing to be a part of...... hmmm

anyhow! thanks for this post brenda

redheadrachel 07-10-2007 01:23 AM

Love it!

iza 07-10-2007 08:00 AM

I absolutely love these sites:

I'm completely addicted to them! :teehee:

BostonBecca 07-10-2007 08:51 AM Foodie's blog.

misha rf 07-10-2007 09:23 AM

I read several. Here's a sampling: (b/c I :heart: Anderson Cooper!) and sister site (b/c I :heart: Neil Gaiman!) (the brothers Green are hysterical!)

geekgolightly 07-10-2007 09:53 AM she does spin yarn, but i read it for her farm. i want a farm just like hers.

ADAllen 07-10-2007 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by misha rf (Post 901052)
(b/c I :heart: Neil Gaiman!)

I read the Neil Gaiman Journal too :)

I can't sew at all but I love A Dress a Day
Rathbone Images is the blog of our wedding photographers. I love their photography so much that I keep up with their blog.
Poems, Prose, and Poetry is the life of graduate school, literature, and grammar.
Barbara's Blog is written by Barbara Ehrenreich
I also have my google reader set to show me any news about Sesame Workshop.

Lisa_H-Town 07-10-2007 12:57 PM

If you like dadgonemad you will probably like her... I saw his through a link on her blog... to me -- she is freakin' hilarious, but sometime along the more honesty than some people can stand side (cussing, etc.). Probably not for the faint of heart.....

Stiney 07-10-2007 01:22 PM

Non-knitting highlights in my feed:

Cyanide & Happiness webcomic (just one of many I read, but the only one in Google Reader.)
Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog (Be fore-warned: This one's in Middle English.)
I Can Has Cheezburger LOLCATS!
BookSquare An author writing about publishing.
Malcolm Gladwell, author of The Tipping Point and Blink. He hasn't updated in ages. :pout:
Neil Gaiman Even if I didn't love his books, I'd love his blog.