KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Oddball Lapghan #1 - FINISHED!! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61877)

Shandeh 07-10-2007 05:24 PM

Oddball Lapghan #1 - FINISHED!!

Yes, it's time to start another blanket. I already have 6 knitters on the list, including those who have signed up to be pinch knitters on our other Oddball Blankets. So, we need to get another blanket going.

One of our pinch knitters is allergic to wool, so we will put her near the top of the list. In fact, I will arrange all knitters so that allergies will be addressed, the way I did with Blanket #5.

So, if you are interested in being an Oddball Knitter, just send me a private message, and include your mailing address, as well as listing any allergies you may have to yarn or pets or smoke. I also need to know if you have pets in your home, or if you're a smoker.

Also, you can tell by the title that we are making a different kind of blanket this time. It will be a LAP AFGHAN! :)

Right now, we have 5 full-size blankets going, so I figure it will be fun to make something different. Our lap afghan will measure 42 inches by 50 inches when it is complete. I'll be doing the border all around when it's done, so that leaves 40 by 48 inches for all the knitters to work on. So, I'm casting on 200 stitches for this blanket, and we will need 16 knitters, doing about 3 inches each.

Once again, we will be using washable worsted weight yarn. I will have the stitches on a size 8 circular needle, ready to travel and be worked on. I'll get the needle back when we finish the blanket, and use it to start another.

Here's our list of knitters so far:

Shandeh
jjminarcik
Renoah
debinoz
nkyknitter
Ladybug Lady

We just need 10 more knitters to get started.

Let's start by using new knitters who have not yet participated in an Oddball project.

(I have a feeling we'll be starting another Lap Afghan soon after this one, so those of you who have participated before, just hold your horses!):teehee:

debinoz 07-10-2007 05:35 PM

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

jjminarcik 07-10-2007 06:22 PM

:cheering::cheering::cheering: I can't wait!!

Renoah 07-10-2007 06:43 PM

:woot::happydance: :woot: :happydance: :woot:
I'm running to pick out a stitch pattern now!

Shandeh 07-10-2007 08:34 PM

I'm glad you are all excited! I am too!

(I've already started working on it!) :teehee:

snowbear 07-10-2007 08:38 PM

Me Me Me

me, me, me, me
*stands on hind legs so she can see me..

please please please!:hug:

Shandeh 07-10-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowbear (Post 901641)
me, me, me, me
*stands on hind legs so she can see me..
please please please!:hug:

:roflhard: I'll put you "on hold" Snowbear, because I'm trying to get new knitters first. I'll let you know soon, though! :thumbsup:

snowbear 07-10-2007 09:05 PM

ooops

* hmmmmmm must go to vet to get glasses...missed that part of the posts.... * turns slightly red. and sneaks back to her ice float....

* now can't you see a polar bear getting glasses? imagine the eye chart.. fish... seal... penguin... Ok... I'll stop

Shandeh 07-10-2007 09:06 PM

:roflhard: I laughed so hard when you said you would go to the vet to get glasses!

snowbear 07-10-2007 09:32 PM

I am glad to give the gift of laughter... It should always be given in large amounts.

Hugs....:roflhard: