KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   knitting at the beach (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62271)

feministmama 07-17-2007 01:25 AM

knitting at the beach

5 Attachment(s)
How many of you knit at the beach? I did and it was sooooo relaxing in front of the waves. The rythm of it all was so soothing. Here's some photos. My knitting, my son and his dad splashing in the ocean, and this huge tree stump just sittin there on the beach.

orcoastknitter 07-17-2007 01:29 AM

What beach is that femmy?

I live about 15 minutes from the beach but it lately it's been a little too windy. I might try it towards the end of summer when it's usually better weather.

Maybe for the time being I should try knitting at the lake?

redheadrachel 07-17-2007 01:53 AM

Wow, that looks beautiful! It's something I've got to try! :D

snephenie 07-17-2007 02:09 AM

I'm at the beach every weekend...However I am always being tugged on by one of the kids that I'm afraid to get sand in my projects....

Maybe next time I'll work on the market bag I've been wanting to make FOR the beach!!! :)

zkimom 07-17-2007 09:04 AM

We go to a lake beach but I always have knitting with me when I go. My kids are old enough that they can go in the water and swim while I knit. My fave thing to do on a hot day!

Stiney 07-17-2007 09:44 AM

I was at the Outer Banks the week before last, but I was too scared to bring my knitting. It's too windy, too much sand, and I didn't entirely trust my cousins not to abscond with my sweater (on my Options!) and run into the ocean. :teehee:

Knitting_Guy 07-17-2007 10:02 AM

I haven't knit at the beach yet but I'm sure I will eventually. Sounds very relaxing.

feministmama 07-17-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orcoastknitter (Post 907899)
What beach is that femmy?

It's outside Tillamook at Cape Mears. I think this particular beach is called Bay Ocean spit. It's a wierd little strip of land like a huge sandbar that you have to drive aaaaaallll the way around to get to. Lots of Birds there, some kind of vulture things, and cranes and funky black sea birds. Lots of flowers. And a lighthouse. Very quiet. Hardly any people. Not windy. Water warm enough to body surf in.

KathyinCali 07-17-2007 10:21 AM

I love to knit at the beach, river, etc. I'm going to be surfing for 10 days in Mexico next week and I have a pair of socks I'm starting just for the occasion. :) I love summer...

loveswildflowers 07-17-2007 11:05 AM

I did it our last beach vacation (last summer at the Outer Banks). I enjoyed it, but I found sand in the bottom of my knitting bag and in my yarn and project afterward. Stiney my DH would be envious of your vacation last week. He could go to the OBX every year, but I persuaded him to take me to Santa Fe this year!