KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   3 blankets - now all FOs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64259)

stagebear 08-20-2007 02:12 PM

3 blankets - now all FOs

7 Attachment(s)
Here are 3 blankets I've been working on this summer.

The blue one is a Pinwheel Blanket I just finished.
Specs:
Pattern: Pinwheel Blanket
Yarn: Bernat Baby Boucle in Spring Breeze, 5 skeins (one for the border alone).
Needles: Size 8 circs - I started with 5 DPNs, switched to 29″ and finally a 47″ circ.
Border: Garter stitch, increasing on the purl side with pfb.
Final measurments: about 39″ diameter
Knit for: My cousin's baby boy - Chase (born on Aug 11)
Time spent knitting: On and off for 2 months. On and off for a week to finish the border and bind off.

The yellow one is a Ruffled Blocks Baby Blanket with a pink ruffle. At the time of the pic, the blanket was about 2/3 done.
Specs:
Pattern: Ruffled Blocks Baby Blanket
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Off White and Soft Pink
Needles: Size 8 circs for the blanket, size 8 straights for the ruffle.
Knit for: My bf's cousin who is due around Thanksgiving
Time spent knitting: on and off for a month to get 1/3 done.

The multi-color is a st/rev-st toddler blanket - no pattern, but like the ones my grandmother always made for us.
Specs:
Pattern: none
Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love - 1 skein each of green, pink, blue and purple (her favorite colors)
Needles: Size 50.
Final measurments: should be close to 40" by 60"
Knit for: My bf's cousin's 4-yr old daughter and soon to be big sister
Time spent knitting: should be about 6 hours when I'm done.

nonny2t 08-20-2007 02:57 PM

They are all lovely!

MerigoldinWA 08-20-2007 04:54 PM

Good work! I love the pinwheel; that looks like fun. The center one will look lovely when it gets the ruffle. How do you use a skein each of green, pink, blue, and purple on that last one? Do you hold them all together as one strand? It all looks one color, but since you are planning to be done in 6 hours, maybe you are doing it with multiple strands for a big gauge. It's turning out nicely.

stagebear 08-20-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA (Post 939458)
How do you use a skein each of green, pink, blue, and purple on that last one? Do you hold them all together as one strand? It all looks one color, but since you are planning to be done in 6 hours, maybe you are doing it with multiple strands for a big gauge. It's turning out nicely.

yup - i hold all four together as one strand. since it's on size 50s, i get about a stich per inch, so it's super quick (although it was hard to get used to them being so big).

ah 08-20-2007 10:48 PM

All three look nice but I especially like the pinwheel.

Jaxhil 08-21-2007 06:49 AM

Wow, they all look really good!! My favorite is the pinwheel, too :teehee:

I am working on an afghan for my 6'2" dh and its feeling like it'll never be finished, on size 15's ( I think!) I didn't even KNOW knitting needles went up to size FIFTY. :whoosh:

Those blankets will be a great hit!!

Btw, I wanted to say how much I like the way you give all the ""specs" for your work-that's a great way to tell all the "pertinent info" for each piece! I appreciate especially including how much time each item took, as well as who its for-very nice!

stagebear 08-23-2007 02:11 PM

i do love the pinwheel. my bf's sister is pregnant, and he wants me to make one for her.

size 50's are weird - they're sooo big. but after practicing with them a bit, they're not too hard.

dewdrops 08-24-2007 03:23 PM

Very beautiful work!!:heart:
Can't wait to see the blanket with ruffle attached.
Well done!:cheering:

winterblues 08-27-2007 04:20 AM

Lovely work. I especially like the pinwheel blanket! :woohoo:

stagebear 10-08-2007 01:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here are updated pics:

the 1st is the toddler blanket (folded in 4ths) with the fringe - it's done!

the second is the ruffled blocks blanket very near to done. i just have to knit and seam ruffles for one more side.