KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I can't do this anymore (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64789)

JessicaR 08-29-2007 12:55 PM

I can't do this anymore

I'm on the verge of a total mental breakdown and I really don't know what to do. I'm on day 5 of being sick, like REALLY sick. Can't even function enough to take a shower :ick: I finally made a Drs appt for today because I woke up hacking and wheezing and couldn't catch my breath.

On top of this my husband left for work at 9pm last night and still isn't home, it's almost noon. He'll get home and sleep until he has to leave, and do it all over again.

The dogs are running around like crazy because given, they haven't been out in 5 days. They get into stuff while I'm passed out in a coma. They house is trashed, and well, basically, I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't have any relatives out here to help and I feel so alone.

HamaLee 08-29-2007 01:25 PM

:hug:
I'm sorry. I understand what it's like to get in that cycle--mentally, emotionally and physically.

Let us know how the Dr's appt goes. Do you think this has anything to do with the meds you started recently?

Silver 08-29-2007 01:27 PM

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
I'm sorry you feel so crappy. I who cares about the house! You're sick! Take care of yourself, rest and try not to worry about anything else. Just knit and be happy. :thumbsup:

GinnyG 08-29-2007 01:30 PM

It's REALLY hard to be sick and ALONE!! I hope you feel better SOON!!

KnittingNat 08-29-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamaLee (Post 947793)
:hug:
I'm sorry. I understand what it's like to get in that cycle--mentally, emotionally and physically.

Let us know how the Dr's appt goes. Do you think this has anything to do with the meds you started recently?

My thought exactly! I remember you've posted about some diet pills. Maybe they're causing your total breakdown?
I hope you feel better soon. Can your husband take a night off? :hug:

auburnchick 08-29-2007 04:36 PM

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

JessicaR 08-29-2007 09:40 PM

Thanks all. No, only at my funeral would my husband take a day off, and even then, that's up for debate.

I came to the conclusion that no one is going to look out for me but myself. I called a tech at the vet office I'm close with. Explained the situation and asked if I would be a bad person to board them for a bit. She said no and so I dropped them off on the way to the Dr's.

The flu/cold has settled into my chest and is causing a whole bunch of problems with my asthma. I was put on a Z-pak (antibiotics). I stopped at work to fill my rx and told them I'm going to need another day at the least. Got home and fell asleep on the couch for a good 5 hours.

I just made myself some soup. It was nice to be able to walk to the couch and sit down with hot soup and not have the dogs jumping all over me. Or leaving tissues on the floor for a bit and not worrying about them being ripped up :doh:

I honestly don't think it's the pills, I'm doing really well on them. It's just that everything seems to happen all at once. It'll pass... right?

Doodknitwit 08-29-2007 10:34 PM

hope the meds kick in fast...:hug:

Phylnikas 08-29-2007 10:42 PM

Good idea about the dogs. They'll be happy there and you'll rest easier while they aren't ripping up your house.....Rest well and feel better.....

Mariblue 08-29-2007 10:47 PM

:hug:I hope you feel better soon!