KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Oh I can't wait... new tattoo soon, Appt is on 10/3 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65688)

Silver 09-13-2007 07:44 AM

Oh I can't wait... new tattoo soon, Appt is on 10/3

I took my idea to my tattoo artist yesterday and last night he sketched up a perrrrrfect design. It's kinda small, and gonna be on my inside right wrist, but it's very, very cool. It's a knitting related tattoo and I can't wait to get it inked! But I have to wait because he's so busy I have to get an appointment! Gah! I hate waiting!!! :verysad:

Mulderknitter 09-13-2007 08:25 AM

OOOOOOh I'm so jealous! I haven't had a new tattoo for 2 years now and have been wanting another one (they are addictive aren't they?)

Silver 09-13-2007 08:29 AM

Uh, yeah they're addictive... this will be my 6th. :teehee:

dustinac 09-13-2007 08:29 AM

I'm wanting a tatoo on my wrist... but I'm to afraid of the needle...and my dad :teehee:

PurlyGyrl 09-13-2007 09:25 AM

Please :flirt: post a pix of the new tattoo-love to see it. Love to have one but needles (except knitting ones of course :teehee:) make me :thud:

msoebel 09-13-2007 10:26 AM

I still want to get another one...on the back of my neck. I have dh talked into getting one "someday" on the inside of his wrist.

I WANT one...

I am jealous.

Misty

Mulderknitter 09-13-2007 10:58 AM

My last one was a small figure eight for the infinity sign on the back of my neck. It is by far my favorite so far!

PaperGirl 09-13-2007 11:08 AM

I LOVE tattoos! I have 2 and want like 3-4 more.

stitchwitch 09-13-2007 11:20 AM

OK, in no way is this meant to sound negative so PLEASE do not take it as such, but how can you guys get attached to something that you want on you for the rest of your life? I am so fickle that I'd get a tattoo and the next week I'd hate it and want something else. I am a total committment phobe. Do you guys make the decision and then whammo you're in? Or do you ponder it for a zillion years and finally do it? I can't even commit to a hair color, yet alone something permanent on my body. Gotta know.

Silver 09-13-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinac (Post 959780)
I'm wanting a tatoo on my wrist... but I'm to afraid of the needle...and my dad :teehee:

LOL When I showed my dad my first tattoo, like 15 years ago, it was the day after I had it done. It was still pretty sore, and the first thing he does is scratches it with his fingernail and asked if it was real. :zombie: :teehee:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchwitch (Post 959915)
OK, in no way is this meant to sound negative so PLEASE do not take it as such, but how can you guys get attached to something that you want on you for the rest of your life? I am so fickle that I'd get a tattoo and the next week I'd hate it and want something else. I am a total committment phobe. Do you guys make the decision and then whammo you're in? Or do you ponder it for a zillion years and finally do it? I can't even commit to a hair color, yet alone something permanent on my body. Gotta know.

Well I'm completely not a commitment-phobe and have never been afraid to try something different or "permanent", obviously. I think about my tattoos for a while before I have them done, but I don't really mull over it for months and months. Once I decide, that's good enough for me. I have 5 tattoos and have never regretted any of them. I don't especially love one of mine, but it's a part of me now so I feel about it the way I feel about my butt. Eh. :teehee:

Although oddly enough, the one tat I don't love is the same tat that was inked by a local tattoo legend so there IS reason to love it none the less. If anyone scoffs at it, I just say, yeah, well it was done by Eric Inksmith and they go :noway: lol Even the guys at my tattoo studio (Inksmith & Rogers) are jealous that I have a real Inksmith tat.

Anyway, I digress. No, I'm not afraid of getting something done permanently. If you ARE afraid, then you shouldn't get a tattoo. No one should ever get ink thinking that "well one day I can have it lasered off". It's just not the way to think about tats. You have to jump in with both feet and be happy with your decision.

People are people... different strokes... I respect a non-tattooed person's reasons for not getting ink, I ask the same respect be given to me even though I do have tattoos.

I'm still a just sweet innocent knitter type on the inside.
:whistle: :roflhard: