KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Oddball Lapghan #2 is COMPLETE!!!!! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66280)

Shandeh 09-21-2007 06:58 PM

Oddball Lapghan #2 is COMPLETE!!!!!

Yes, it's time to start another Oddball Lapghan!!
:cheering:

I already have 8 knitters on the list, using those who have signed up to be pinch knitters on our Oddball projects. All knitters will be arranged according to smoking and allergy preferences.

If you are interested in being an Oddball Knitter, just send me a private message, and include your mailing address, as well as listing any allergies you may have to yarn or pets or smoke. I also need to know if you have pets in your home, or if you're a smoker.

Our lap afghan will measure 42 inches by 50 inches when it is complete. I'll be doing the border all around when it's done, so that leaves 40 by 48 inches for all the knitters to work on. So, I'm casting on 200 stitches for this blanket, and we will need 16 knitters, doing about 3 inches each.

Once again, we will be using washable worsted weight yarn. I will have the stitches on a size 8 circular needle, ready to travel and be worked on. I'll get the needle back when we finish the blanket, and use it to start another.

I'm going to go ahead and start the lapghan and mail it to chan58, since she's in Canada. That way we'll be one step ahead of the game with the wait to and from Canada.

Here's our list of knitters so far:
(the list is NOT in order yet)

Shandeh (NC)
chan58 (Canada)
carole_ny (NY)
LilHuskiesFootBallMom (NY)
wildforyarn (WI)
hellokitty165 (WI)
cdjack (TX)
karne (MO)

We just need 8 more knitters to get started.

We will start by using new knitters who have not yet participated in an Oddball project.

wildforyarn 09-22-2007 10:02 AM

Looking forward to it. This is my first Oddball knit, so do we use any special color or stitch pattern, or just whatever, hence the name Oddball?

msmelody 09-22-2007 11:58 AM

Doubt you want to send this to England. Do you know of a group here that does something similar? I would love to join in.

Shandeh 09-22-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildforyarn (Post 966315)
Looking forward to it. This is my first Oddball knit, so do we use any special color or stitch pattern, or just whatever, hence the name Oddball?

:hug: I'm glad you're looking forward to being an Oddball Knitter! :wink:

You are free to knit ANY design you want. You can even use several different colors of yarn for your portion. Just be sure to end your section on the WRONG SIDE with ALL KNIT STITCHES. In other words, all of our loose threads should be on the same side of the blanket. This will keep the design looking nice. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmelody (Post 966373)
Doubt you want to send this to England. Do you know of a group here that does something similar? I would love to join in.

Maybe I can put you first for our NEXT blanket. :thumbsup:
I don't know of an English oddball blanket project, but I have seen one in Australia! http://rugz4kidz.blogspot.com/

Shandeh 09-22-2007 05:25 PM

Here's the beginning of our blanket! :happydance:

chan58 09-23-2007 10:13 AM

So happy to be on this it is my first time!!
Will let you know when it arrives!!!

Shandeh 09-23-2007 02:40 PM

Since we haven't had any new knitters clamoring to join this blanket, I'm going to open it up to those who have participated in other blankets.

So, now our list of knitters is as follows:

Shandeh (NC)
chan58 (Canada)
carole_ny (NY)
LilHuskiesFootBallMom (NY)
wildforyarn (WI)
hellokitty165 (WI)
cdjack (TX)
karne (MO)
gmmarton (CT)
pcrihfield (OH)
DeAnzaJig (NY)

We need 5 more knitters!

losnana 09-23-2007 03:16 PM

Add me in!!!

Debkcs 09-23-2007 03:23 PM

I've never done one of these before, but would love to join you. Be ready for lots of questions!

Sadly, I'm allergic to any scratchy type of wool, but mixed with acrylics, I should be OK.

We do not smoke, and have just one dog now.

Anyway, sign me up! :yay:

Secksiebrat 09-23-2007 08:30 PM

Count me in!

I'd like to join in on this one as well, but if you happen to get more new knitters, I will be happy to sit out though :)

Thanks!

~danielle~:woot: