KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Chronic Pain (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66296)

gingerbread 09-22-2007 06:02 AM

My Chronic Pain

I thought that I had it under control not!!!!!!!
Any way I knew this day was coming that my system would say this medication is not going to work anymore. It was the highest dose and the doctor said he couldn't give me anything else. I was sent to a pain management Doctor. Here I go again. Same question that are in my folder that he is reading from. Anyway back to the hospital for shots in my poor cheek and not on my face:flirt:. So then it's it will get worse before it gets better. Right been there done that story.
Only this guy makes no appointsments like my last Dr did. I call of course get the nurse, I know the drill pain bad really bad. Well you know Mrs. P that it is going to worse don't you. Ya but it has been seven days!!!!!! I'll tell the doctor and get back to you. :whistle:yup had to call again oh dear Mrs.P got busy. Ya okay I may just rip your face off. My poor husband the heaven sent guy knows all this and is trying to tell them this is not working. :pout: Well I go to see him Monday and that is only because I had made it a while back. I think I need to go and see my regular doctor and find another pain management doctor.
I am now of my rant I haven't been able to do that for a long time. I feel so bad for my husband hearing me cry all the time.

Silver 09-22-2007 08:49 AM

:hug: Awww I hope you find the right medication soon!! :hug:

marykz 09-22-2007 09:58 AM

chronic pain is so very hard to manage- keep trying. I know the last thing you need is one more person telling you to "be strong" and "get through it". when its that bad words don't help much. but I'll be thinking of you and hoping you find a doctor who can help.

(ps I always make an appointment with my rheumatologist for every 2 months just in case things get bad. that way I don't have to call and have the nurse tell me (In september) "we are now scheduling for January." So if the time comes and I don't need the appt, I call and reschedule it for the next month.)

Knitting_Guy 09-22-2007 11:06 AM

I know how you feel. I've lived with chronic pain for years and finally gave up on trying to manage it and now I just live with it. In my line of work I'm not allowed to take anything that actually works anyway.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Ingrid 09-22-2007 11:14 AM

There was a show on tv the other night that had a man who had severe facial pain. They finally found the solution--a blood vessel was pressing on a nerve.

Do they know what's causing your pain?

Quiltlady 09-22-2007 05:28 PM

I'm sorry

I'm sorry you are hurting. :heart:I have pain from the minute my feet hit the floor getting out of bed in the morning until I am back in bed at night.

I will be having left hip replacement surgery on Nov. 1.
I have arthritis. My knees hurt too. I just take one day at a time. Some days I just stay home other times I get out and enjoy myself. But I do hurt daily.

Jan in CA 09-22-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingrid (Post 966352)
There was a show on tv the other night that had a man who had severe facial pain. They finally found the solution--a blood vessel was pressing on a nerve.

I saw that..it was Tic Douloureaux in his case.

I hope you can find something that eases your pain!

syndactylus 09-22-2007 07:33 PM

I'm sorry.
I hope the new doctor helps you soon.

MaryB 09-22-2007 07:48 PM

I am so sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing. Chronic pain is exhausting for you and hard for your family and friends to watch.

I am especially sorry that your Doctor's office was not more responsive to your pain. That is their job!

:hug::pray::hug:

gingerbread 09-22-2007 10:51 PM

Thanks everyone they kind of know that it is nerve damage but they don't know where it starts! So they have been giving me shots in the butt, 3times so far. This last time he forgot to let me know that it was really going to take more time to work. Oh well I do think we are on the right track this time. The problem is like pulling teeth getting the information from the doctor. I have enough medicine in me right now, that I can tell and ask him what for. So come Monday so I can find out what he has in store for me this time around. :shock::shock::shock::shock: