KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stitches East Market Place ? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66561)

mrslevite 09-26-2007 08:50 AM

Stitches East Market Place ?

I can't afford, and don't think I would physically be able to keep up with everything to benefit from Stitches East and haven't even considered attending. But I was looking at the website and got to thinking that going to the Market might make a good day trip for me and my knitting friend Julie.

Is the Market open to the public without full registration?
Would it be worth a 1 - 1 1/2 hour drive for us to get there?

marykz 09-26-2007 08:55 AM

I'm going!! you can pay at the door for the market if you aren't attending classes. the market is open for non-registered people on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. my packet doesn't have the market fee listed but I think it was $10 or so.

this will be my first time going- Mom and I are going to go to listen to Brandon Mably and Kaffe Fassett, then shop!

I've heard there are a lot of great vendors that will be there.

We are driving about an hour! SInce we are doing a Thurs-Fri we are staying the nite at a local hotel so we dont have to go back and forth. I'm so excited!

mrslevite 09-26-2007 09:04 AM

Thanks! That sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to talk to my husband and my friend to see if either of them are interested in going. :)

threesmom 09-26-2007 09:14 AM

Go! - Absolutely Go! I went down for just the day last year, and it takes me around 2 - 2.5 hours to get to Baltimore. It was worth it. There were just so many beautiful, inspiring things - and then the yarn - oh the yarn!

This year I decided to take a few classes too - and stay over in the area. I can't wait!:cheering:

And I think I just registered online last year - you can pay a small fee just for the Market, and there are Market Sessions too, for about $30 for a hour long session, if you have any interest in that. If I remember right, the fee for the Market was around $5.

Babyduck87 09-26-2007 09:24 AM

whats the website?

threesmom 09-26-2007 09:28 AM

Here it is!

rennfamily 09-26-2007 06:20 PM

You definitely won't be disappointed! I went last year for a market session on fixing problems and loved the deals I got yarn shopping!

Phaedra 09-26-2007 10:36 PM

I'm going! I'll be there for the Yarn Market on that Friday, the 12th. I went by myself last year and had a blast. Just being in one place with so much stuff to see, feel and drool over. :) And since I live in Baltimore County near the subway, it's easy for me to get to, like 45 minutes.

marykz 09-27-2007 08:05 AM

Yay!! maybe I'll see one of you there... I'll be the crazy lady waving her credit card around buying everything in sight..... LOL!

Phaedra 09-28-2007 06:38 AM

I'm so excited! I don't have anyone here in "my world" who knits, crochets,etc.---so they don't really understand my feeling about this event.
And I would love to see any of you there.:aww: