KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pattern Central (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Need Crop Top Pattern (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67946)

LittleGirlBusyBee 10-17-2007 05:59 PM

Need Crop Top Pattern
 
I'm at my wits end trying to find a nice pattern that is not a shrug or split neck. I just want a crop top like the ones you buy in the store with or without a hood with long or 3/4 sleeves. I'm happy to put in a zipper if anyone has a crop top pattern with zipper.

Ok, I'm looking for a shrug that connects across the boobs and ends right under the boobs-- high waist!! :wall::hair:

Jan in CA 10-17-2007 06:50 PM

Couldn't you just make any shrug shorter?:shrug:

LittleGirlBusyBee 10-17-2007 07:08 PM

I considered that, however all shrug patterns I've seen have a complete split in the center that draws away from the bust area if not completely omitting it. I am looking for full coverage... unless I missed what you are saying.

I am a fairly new knitter so I'm not very comfortable adjusting patterns, hoping to find the right one.

Tks

SusanMarie1956 10-17-2007 11:23 PM

Shrugs are O.K., BUt I would want a longer one. Can't find one though.

Susan

Jan in CA 10-17-2007 11:58 PM

Ahhh..no you didn't misunderstand me, I misunderstood you. You are right, many shrugs do have that "pull away" shape at the front. What about something like this where you could make the sleeves and bottom the length you want?

I'm thinking #267
http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/cardi.html
These are great patterns btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanMarie1956 (Post 985067)
Shrugs are O.K., BUt I would want a longer one. Can't find one though.

That wouldn't really be a shrug then.. wouldn't it just be a sweater?

knitgal 10-18-2007 04:57 PM

Won't your tummy be cold?

suzeeq 10-18-2007 10:56 PM

Have you looked at glampyre's boobholder? http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glam...otos/id62.html
Lots of people have made the fronts wider so they'd meet where you'd put in a zipper. Just co extra sts so that each front has half as many as the back sts, but don't increase along the front edge, just at the raglan sleeve shaping. And you can make the sleeves whatever length you want.

LittleGirlBusyBee 10-23-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 985087)
Ahhh..no you didn't misunderstand me, I misunderstood you. You are right, many shrugs do have that "pull away" shape at the front. What about something like this where you could make the sleeves and bottom the length you want?

I'm thinking #267
http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/cardi.html
These are great patterns btw.


That wouldn't really be a shrug then.. wouldn't it just be a sweater?

Oh perfect! Thanks bunches, the bolero will work great since I can just add my own buttons or a zipper. I like the hooded patterns too. Right on!

LittleGirlBusyBee 10-23-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzeeq (Post 985829)
Have you looked at glampyre's boobholder? http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glam...otos/id62.html
Lots of people have made the fronts wider so they'd meet where you'd put in a zipper. Just co extra sts so that each front has half as many as the back sts, but don't increase along the front edge, just at the raglan sleeve shaping. And you can make the sleeves whatever length you want.

Oh now, THAT is luscious! I'm an advanced beginner so I don't know if I can pull off adjusting patterns yet, but I will hold on to this one.
THANK YOU


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.


copyright knittinghelp.com