KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   yarn for baby blanket (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69034)

ms_bell 11-02-2007 10:38 PM

yarn for baby blanket

1 Attachment(s)
I need to find a wonderful, soft, sumptuous yarn for my next granddaughters blanket. I hope I have attached the previous one...I think the yarn was "Snuggly Bubbly" or something like that. It was beautiful at first, but I'm sure it hasn't been "hand washed" as suggested so it hasn't held up as nicely as I had hoped.
Any ideas? I'm now thinking I might do the "Spiral" blanket with a ruffled or picot edge.
Any suggestions would be most welcomed.:muah:

The.Knitter 11-02-2007 10:50 PM

Simply beautiful, and so is the blanket. What about Caron Simply Soft? It is nice and soft and washes in the machine and goes into the dryer.

*KnitPixie* 11-02-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Knitter (Post 996365)
Simply beautiful, and so is the blanket. What about Caron Simply Soft? It is nice and soft and washes in the machine and goes into the dryer.

My thoughts exactly:teehee:

iwfinley 11-03-2007 07:45 AM

I am using Lion Brand Homespun to make a baby blanket for my son's teacher, using a basket weave stitch. It is working up quick and it is both soft and textured. My sons are in elementary school but when they were younger they were very much into blankets with "feel appeal" so I decided on that yarn becase it will be easy for her to wash but feel nice in the hand. . . . :grphug:

ms_bell 11-03-2007 08:48 AM

thanks for all the suggestions (and compliments!)...but I really wanted that super squishy soft feel (that you can now buy made up) and I don't think Acrylics quite get it. I would love to try Bernat's "Bamboo" but it again is "hand wash" so I don't know how it would hold up in the long run. Since my daughter took her "blankie" to college with her, I would like it to last.... haha. If I don't find anything else, I think your ideas of Simply Soft or Homespun would be the next best....thanks so much.

JudyD 11-03-2007 10:27 AM

Lion brand Pound of Love is very, very soft and is available in pretty colors for babies.
JudyD

knitpurlgurl 11-03-2007 04:20 PM

I like Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino yarn! I've also used Bernat Satin, Rowan Soft baby, and Bambini Soft yarn!

kellyh57 11-03-2007 05:20 PM

I made my son's blankie out of Bernat Softee Baby and it's super soft and holds up wonderfully with being washed and dried at normal temps and everything!

Kelly

Marj 11-03-2007 05:37 PM

I am currently making the Pinwheel Blanket with Red Heart Soft Baby yarn. It is very soft and nice to work with.

Hopefully here is a picture of it:

Plantgoddess+ 11-03-2007 06:13 PM

Marj that is a beautiful blanket, the colorways really work well with it. Beautiful job.