KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Palindrome Scarf+ for Grandson! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69229)

The.Knitter 11-05-2007 10:43 PM

Palindrome Scarf+ for Grandson!

I made my grandson a palindrome scarf for a Halloween present. I sent it to him. He got it. He loves it. My DD complained that it is not long enough. Sooooo, I made another. I am in the home stretch with this scarf. I changed it a fair bit. I made it two cables wide instead of three. The middle of the scarf I did in garter stitch so he can have his neck good and warm or wrap it so his mouth is covered when walking to school. I only have twenty rows to do.

Here's the problem. I did two patterns in navy, then two patterns in medium blue, then nine patterns in navy = 20 inches, then I knit 10 inches in garter stitch, then I did nine patterns in navy, now I am doing two patterns in medium blue (if I have enough yarn) and then I will do two patterns in navy (if I have enough yarn. It is getting scary.

Please send best wishes that the yarn holds out until I am finished this darned scarf. The child is unhappy with his other scarf now because he heard his mother belly aching about the length. *Sigh*

I will post a picture later when I finish this thing. I WILL NOT go to bed tonight until it is done or I will just lay there and wonder if I am going to have enough yarn to finish it. I might as well just face the music tonight.

Stay tuned..........

:hair:

momwolf 11-05-2007 10:54 PM

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Brandy_m 11-05-2007 11:47 PM

How's it going?

The.Knitter 11-05-2007 11:51 PM

Holding my breath here. I have ummm let me see four rows to go, I was short one row of the medium blue, but I don't think that will be noticed. Now all I have to do is get through four rows of navy (one being a cable row) and I will be laughing.

The.Knitter 11-05-2007 11:55 PM

I'm not going to make it.....

The.Knitter 11-06-2007 12:02 AM

OMG, desperation is when you go thru the garbage pail to get the pieces you cut off when weaving in the ends. I have 5 stitches to cast off...... dammit!

The.Knitter 11-06-2007 12:05 AM

I am actually SWEATING here!

OK let me weave in the threads and take a picture and I will show you!

The.Knitter 11-06-2007 12:27 AM

Grandson's Palindrome Scarf+

1 Attachment(s)
I have absolutely no idea how I managed to finish it, what with scraping through the garbage pail beside my desk here, but here it is and it is DONE!!! I hope this satisfies DD. At least I know I gave it my best shot. I am not pleased with the fact that the garter stitch is way wider than the cable part, but it will keep his neck warm, or his face if she ties the scarf onto him backwards!

:woohoo:

P.S. Thanks for caring Brandy! I appreciated the sympathy and encouragement.

Lady Violet 11-06-2007 12:50 AM

that looks really good (and practical)! your DD should be satisfied. :thumbsup:

scout52 11-06-2007 03:34 AM

I think it came out great. I think we have all been there, going for the yarn scraps when you only need like a yard more when you run out.