KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: Malabrigo Bed Jacket! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69312)

ArtLady1981 11-07-2007 04:11 AM

FO: Malabrigo Bed Jacket!

Hi'ya! :waving:

I needed a bed jacket. Bathrobes are too long (ya can't sit Indian Fashion in them very well)...and normal cardigans are too sweatery...sleeves too long, too many buttons.

I looked and looked for a pattern that looked like I could develop it into a sweet BED JACKET! This cream-colored sweater is the model photo. The pattern leaflet is a BlueSkyAlpaca pattern, titled "Eyelet Cardigan". It took 4.5 skeins of Malabrigo Merino Worsted for the size L.

This is my "Green Spark" Malabrigo Bed Jacket! I love it, and I may live in it for days! It is warm, cozy and lightweight...and not too hot in any way! I did more increases through the arms and body so that it would be a looser fit, appropriate for a bed jacket. One button closure.

Here is a closeup of my Bell Ruffle cuffs. This is the same ruffle pattern that I installed on the edges of my Red Aran Afghan instead of the standard fringe. The bell ruffle cuffs are a pattern found in Nicki Epstein's "Knitting On The Edge". I love her books! So useful!

Debbie 11-07-2007 04:15 AM

So pretty!!!

slightly addicted to yarn 11-07-2007 04:16 AM

Yet another beautiful fo - but too lovely to wear in bed, surely? It's gorgeous!

ArtLady1981 11-07-2007 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightly addicted to yarn (Post 999177)
Yet another beautiful fo - but too lovely to wear in bed, surely? It's gorgeous!

Tee hee! :teehee: I might wear it to bed! But, I made it for sitting around the family room...knitting late at night. DH and I can't come to an agreement on what is the right temperature in the house. He being an Outdoorsman, me being an Insider! So, this little bed jacket offsets the compromise I had to make! :thumbsup:

KnittingNat 11-07-2007 04:43 AM

I think it's becoming a habbit for me to absolutely :heart: :heart: :heart: your FO's :teehee: !!! It's gorgeous and my favourite colour too! Is Nicki Epstein's book that useful, is it worth adding to my library?

ArtLady1981 11-07-2007 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnittingNat (Post 999189)
I think it's becoming a habbit for me to absolutely :heart: :heart: :heart: your FO's :teehee: !!! It's gorgeous and my favourite colour too! Is Nicki Epstein's book that useful, is it worth adding to my library?

Yes! All 3 of her "Edge" books are a MUST! Especially if you like to depart from the blah-zey edges and 'customize' your work!

Knitting On The Edge, Knitting Over the Edge, and Knitting Beyond the Edge.

If you could only buy one...get the first one. It is my favorite of the 3!

Glad you like my little bed jacket. I feel so good about it, and IN IT!

Debkcs 11-07-2007 04:58 AM

Absolutly wonderful, as usual!

My husband and I have that 'cooler vs. warmer' thing going on also.

ArtLady1981 11-07-2007 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDeb (Post 999194)
Absolutly wonderful, as usual!

My husband and I have that 'cooler vs. warmer' thing going on also.

Thanks Deb! I appreciate your complimentary comments! :muah:

soobeeoz 11-07-2007 05:25 AM

That's so pretty! Gorgeous colour, too. :woohoo:

ritaw 11-07-2007 07:44 AM

Just Lovely. Great work .