KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Need to go on a no-buy, starting......? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70140)

boo1 11-18-2007 09:02 PM

Need to go on a no-buy, starting......?

Anyone want to try? I have one teensy order I want to place and then, I'm done until I finish the WIMs and the WIPs I have going on. Or at least no more buying until the end of the year?

I need support! :oo:

Indygirl 11-18-2007 09:33 PM

:think: I thought about it for about 30 sec's. Sorry I don't think I'm ready for that. Do they have a patch for this addiction? :teehee:
I forgot to say that a friend and I are going on a LYS run next week. We will be hitting about 4 stores. My bad.

alleusion 11-18-2007 09:33 PM

I'm right there with you! I've got so many projects already on needles and so so many floating around my head that my fingers are already mentally casting on the next one before I'm even halfway through the first. I think I need professional help.

boo1 11-18-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indygirl (Post 1007098)
:think: I thought about it for about 30 sec's. Sorry I don't think I'm ready for that. Do they have a patch for this addiction? :teehee:

The scientists are working on the patch but the AKA (American Knitting Association) is lobbying hard against the further development of this project.

boo1 11-18-2007 09:47 PM

Maybe a modified no-buy?

No yarns unless they are on sale or discontinued (in which case, you HAVE to buy)......

Just trying to do a few baby steps here!:wink:

holamiis 11-18-2007 10:40 PM

I'm with you on that.. I just organized my stash and I've got so many projects that I want to do so let me know when you fall off the wagon and then I can too!

alleusion 11-18-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boo1 (Post 1007108)
No yarns unless they are on sale or discontinued (in which case, you HAVE to buy)......

Just trying to do a few baby steps here!:wink:

Well, if it's on sale, you HAVE to buy something. I mean that's in the knitter's handbook, it's like....law.

boo1 11-18-2007 11:13 PM

See how quickly y'all are catching on?

I placed an order tonight ONLY because (okay, I could have improvised) my LYS didn't have all of the DB Pure Cotton that I needed for my baby blanket. I had the light blue and the mint.....

And I DID say after one teensy order.....

Okay, I vow to try very hard not to buy any yarn, one day at a time. I should make it through tomorrow.....

:grphug:

msmelody 11-19-2007 04:13 AM

I have to buy the yarn to DH's work scarf then I am done buying until at least 2/3 of my stash is gone. I love yarn, but I like getting dressed in the morning and the yarn is covering all the clothes. I AM IN.

Debbie 11-19-2007 06:45 AM

"The scientists are working on the patch but the AKA (American Knitting Association) is lobbying hard against the further development of this project."
I saw the article about this new patch and apparently there is also some opposition from Congress regarding the economic impact it would have on our country. It went on to say that these scientists have absolutely no regard for the mental health of knitters and the long term consequences could be devastating.