KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Does anyone in CO knit anymore????? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70226)

fibrenut 11-20-2007 12:27 AM

Does anyone in CO knit anymore?????

:knitting: K, I've posted on the only two Colorado posts (they were actually quite old) and so far (it's been like 3 days I think maybe 2) and still no response.... hmmmmm. Makes ya wonder don't it?!?
I know you happy knitters are there somewhere. Come out, come out, wherever you are...........:hiding: I live in northeast Colorado and wonder if anyone on here is from like Sterling or Ft. Morgan or even the Greeley area. I know there has to be at least a couple of ya from the Front Range roamin round here somewhere..... c'mon ya'll I won't bite (too hard)....:mrgreen:

mtbchik 11-20-2007 01:40 PM

Yeah Colorado! Where are you??

I live in Telluride and know there are great knitters in the southwest. We even have a new yarn shop - Needlerock Fiber Arts.

Right now, I'm knitting a pair of socks (teaching the Magic Loop), a pair of pedicure socks (easy to teach with on bigger needles), felted placemats and a Lopi sweater for my husband.

I just finished a gorgeous angora short scarf for my niece. I'm sure she will love it!

:knitting:

fibrenut 11-20-2007 01:58 PM

:cool: Way Kewl!!!!! Glad to meetcha!! It's nice to meet others from yer own state.
I am a little sad though,,,, (sigh) the closest LYS around here is in Denver (bout 90 miles west of me) and I don't get out of the county much. I do subscribe to the Boulder chapter of the SnB but can't go to any of the meetings because that is just really too far. Dangnabt!! But alas, thank gawd fer KP!! There's really no place round here to buy yarn, cept wallymart. and their selection is, well, to put it nicely, umm, all "wintuck n sayelle" n not much else!!
Right now I am working on my hubbinesses second sock made from KP's "gloss" and also have other sox waiting in the wings to be made with KP's "andean treasure". OMG isn't that stuff like knitting with silken poofiness?? How can you go back to knitting with acrylic after you've knit with that stuff. Dang I've gone n spoiled myself for normal yarn, haven't I? Sheesh!!:roflhard:
O well, It sure is nice, though, to meet someone that is relatively close by. Hope you guys get some more snow, is good for business ya know. It's been too friggen hot here lately, (It was like 84 degrees here yesterday, like, OMG) what is up with that?
Talk atcha all laters!! :)

desamara 11-28-2007 01:12 PM

mmmmm mountains...

I live in the Denver area (Lakewood, right up near the foothills) with my husband and two cats. I love it here especially since I've got 2 good yarn shops within a 10 min drive. I'm so spoiled.

fibrenut 11-30-2007 12:57 PM

Kewl Desamara,
Welcome to the party!!! I have a sis who lives in Arvada but I don't get up there too often.
Nice to meetcha!!!!:clink:

Jessi 01-13-2008 11:41 PM

Desamara
I read your post and had to make sure I didn't post it! I live in NW Denver with my husband and 2 cats. I frequent Posh yarn boutique on 39th and Tennyson.

fibrenut 01-14-2008 02:32 AM

Hiya Jessi n welcome to the party!!!!:clink: Colorado bulldogs fer everyone!!!! ( that's just a white russian topped off with cola).
I did manage to find an (L)YS a little closer to me in Sterling. Not so far to drive and it is a nice store. She even has some patterns on Ravelry, her store is "fiberspace" and she does have a website which is like kewl.
I did get some lonesome stone mountain feet sock yarn n hopefully I'll be able to make some sox with it soon enough. That is, after I get done with the projects at hand.
Right now I'm in the middle of finishing my pinwheel sweater from elann and a crocheted felted fedora, which I have to finish writing down so I can post it on my blog.
Yes, I know, I live out in BFE. But hey, we need culture as well. It sure is nice to actually meet some people, albeit, cybernetically, from yer own neck of the woods.
Thanks ya'll for posting.

KnitWit1987 01-21-2008 10:26 AM

Hi guys, I live in Colorado Springs!

fibrenut 01-22-2008 12:11 AM

Hiya KW87 n welcome to the party!!!:clink:
It's nice to know that there are other peeps in the neighborhood!!!!!:thumbsup:

tangle2007 02-03-2008 03:19 AM

Hi! I'm in Denver!