KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Who are YOUR KH-ers of the Year - and why? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70475)

Limey 11-23-2007 09:01 PM

Who are YOUR KH-ers of the Year - and why?

HI

I was reading Rebecca's post over on the Knit-Along forum and part of what she said was:

"It’s the Pay It Forward Exchange. It’s based of the concept of the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on ..."

It occurred to me that almost every single day on KH there are two very special people who help all they can - one of them directly helps KH members and the other lady helps people experiencing very difficult times.

I'm talking about Suseeq and Shandeh, of course.

If anyone's got a problem with their knitting - doesn't matter if they're a newby, more advanced, whatever - Suseeq is always unstinting with help and advice. I'm sure she's helped more new knitters than you could shake a needle at! Hundreds of threads to her name.

Shandeh is a non-stop charity worker - I once asked on the Charity Knitting Forum if anyone knew of where to get hat patterns for premature babies - Shandeh was back in two ticks, with a list of links as long as your arm!

Anyway, I would vote Shandey and Suseeq as my KH-ers of 2007.

They certainly deserve a Vote of Thanks from everyone here.

If you know a KH-er who deserves a special mention, please post their names.

I think it would be a nice gesture to award little token Prizes of Thanks.

Love to know your thoughts.

All the Best

Ellie
http://www.countonknit.com

GinnyG 11-23-2007 09:05 PM

I think there are many special people on KH, some well known some behind scenes and more quiet. Everyone on the forum contributes to it success in their own special way. It would be unfair to single out two.

momwolf 11-23-2007 09:07 PM

Ingrid & Jan also

feministmama 11-23-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinnyG (Post 1010028)
I think there are many special people on KH, some well known some behind scenes and more quiet. Everyone on the forum contributes to it success in their own special way. It would be unfair to single out two.

what Ginny said

Limey 11-23-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinnyG (Post 1010028)

I totally agree with you - everyone here IS special - trouble is, if people are 'behind the scenes' , I've no way of knowing who they are.

This is just an opportunity for you (and everyone else) to thank someone who's given you a bit of help or 'gone that extra mile' - it's mainly a thank you for their efforts.

All the Best

Ellie

Mulderknitter 11-23-2007 09:27 PM

Well, gosh, there is no way to single out anyone. We all have our own stuff we are good at and post responses to.
But then there's Sheldon,who makes the site run, and Amy, the genius behind the scenes. There are the mods, there are the KAL leaders, the charity knitting leaders...
I guess what I mean is that even though our knitting forum has grown, there are still the core peoples that make it work.
And of course I think I might nominate EVERY SINGLE PERSON that posts here, because we are a mighty unique, generous, and intelligent group of people in an age when it seems to be needed most

hellokitty165 11-23-2007 10:25 PM

I wanted to thank everyone who knits... becos' of yours and my existance... the yarn and needle maker will make more cool stuff... others will come up with more unique knitting patterns... people ( those genius' here ) will help those who had questions/problem on the piece that they are knitting :hug: ...

the "darling" couple who put up this fabulous website :thumbsup: ... my DH who had been financially support me all this time :muah:

I am proud to be a knitter

jeanius80 11-23-2007 10:49 PM

hmm. i think this is a great way for everyone to be able to give a special 'thanks' to a few peoplwe who have directly made them feel thankful.

I don't think limey meant to single out or ignore others. :heart:

I'd like to thank Shandeh for her efforts in charity work and 'enabling' others to be more involved charity-wise. I know i wouldn't have done any charity work this year if i hadn't helped on the oddball blankets and shawls :hug:Thanks for being so generous all around!

I'd also like to thank the any socks KAL group as a whole for being so supportive and helpful for each other and sharing advice, links, patterns, yarn, and holding hands when someone is learning a new technique, a shoulder to lean on when anything goes wrong (sock knitting or just life in general), and cheering each other on when we get it right! :muah:

Limey 11-24-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanius80 (Post 1010075)
hmm. i think this is a great way for everyone to be able to give a special 'thanks' to a few peoplwe who have directly made them feel thankful.

I don't think limey meant to single out or ignore others. :heart:

I'd like to thank Shandeh for her efforts in charity work and 'enabling' others to be more involved charity-wise. I know i wouldn't have done any charity work this year if i hadn't helped on the oddball blankets and shawls :hug:Thanks for being so generous all around!

I'd also like to thank the any socks KAL group as a whole for being so supportive and helpful for each other and sharing advice, links, patterns, yarn, and holding hands when someone is learning a new technique, a shoulder to lean on when anything goes wrong (sock knitting or just life in general), and cheering each other on when we get it right! :muah:

Thanks alot Jeanius for clarifying things.

BY nominating two of my own special KH-ers doesn't mean that I think any less of everyone else or detract from all the effort that other people put into the site and I certainly didn't mean to ignore anyone.

All the Best

Ellie
http://www.countonknit.com

DQ 11-24-2007 06:51 AM

I have lots of admiration for Nobones and Silver :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: But I think everyone here is special :mrgreen: :notworthy: :hug: