KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Western Michigan? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70592)

BlueEyezz 11-25-2007 05:41 PM

Western Michigan?

Or southwestern really. . .

I'm located in Kalamazoo.

Anyone located nearby? If so, where are your favorite area places to find yarn? Do you go to any specific knitting nights at these places??

I'm looking to connect to more knitting buddies. :)

knitpearlz 11-27-2007 08:25 PM

hello Blue,
I'm over in Pontiac. I'm new to knitting, still working on getting different needles sizes. I probably won't be trying to get any good yarn until February. I don't know of any places, but I recently met a lady that's been knitting for several years and she knows of some good places. She told me she purchased some yarn for $36 dollars a hank, Whoa! lol

bethany 11-27-2007 08:58 PM

hi! I'm in Grand Rapids! I've only been to City Knitting in GR (cityknitting.com) and Michaels, Hobby Lobby. There is a K1P2 group at a bookstore called Schulers on 28th Street that meets the 2nd Tues of the month---and the author of Stitch 'N Bitch Debbie Stoller is going to be there for book signing tomorrow, Nov 28 at 6:30!

BlueEyezz 11-27-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitpearlz (Post 1012554)
hello Blue,
I'm over in Pontiac. I'm new to knitting, still working on getting different needles sizes. I probably won't be trying to get any good yarn until February. I don't know of any places, but I recently met a lady that's been knitting for several years and she knows of some good places. She told me she purchased some yarn for $36 dollars a hank, Whoa! lol

Yeah, the local store that I go to, called Handweavers, has skeins of cashmere for $30+ each. It's the pure cashmere stuff, too, and not that soft. I can't buy yarn that's not soft, lol. . .

I, too, and working on building my needle collection, though I've asked for an interchangeable kit for Christmas. Here's hoping!

BlueEyezz 11-27-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethany (Post 1012579)
hi! I'm in Grand Rapids! I've only been to City Knitting in GR (cityknitting.com) and Michaels, Hobby Lobby. There is a K1P2 group at a bookstore called Schulers on 28th Street that meets the 2nd Tues of the month---and the author of Stitch 'N Bitch Debbie Stoller is going to be there for book signing tomorrow, Nov 28 at 6:30!

My boyfriend's family is from GR, and we're up there frequently enough. I'll have to check out that store!

I so with I could go meet Debbie Stoller. I don't have her book, but I've browsed it and it's on my wishlist to buy.

bethany 11-28-2007 09:48 AM

it's in East Town--you can eat b'fast at Wolfgangs, lunch at Yesterdog or Bombay Cuisine, then shop! :)

BlueEyezz 11-28-2007 07:32 PM

lol, we go over to that part of town a lot. the boyfriend is addicted to Yesterdog and the Hookah lounge. Lol. . .

knitpearlz 11-28-2007 10:14 PM

lol...I hope you get it! I like the soft yarn too, I have some Knit Picks Panache, a beautiful cream color and burgundy and Wool Cotton Blend by Sensations. Im waiting for the right project to use it on. I don't want to use it for practicing with. I better stop feeling on the Panache before I get it dirty! LOL

bethany 11-29-2007 09:59 AM

I've been thinking a lot about Yesterdog myself...mmmm....

Meina 02-08-2008 08:20 PM

Alaska MI

Howdy

I live in alaska michigan in Caledonia.
Hello from michigan. I have been knitting alot of hats and socks and scarfs with my loom. Works great.
Let me know if you are in the caledonia area.

Meina