KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Swap (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   TRADE COMPLETED: KnitPicks Options "Clear Plastic" case for "Binder" style case (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72938)

SteveDallas 01-02-2008 08:09 PM

TRADE COMPLETED: KnitPicks Options "Clear Plastic" case for "Binder" style case

I got the wooden version of the Knitpicks Options interchangeable needles. I love the needles, but I'm not a huge fan of the clear plastic pouch-style case they came with. I'm more favorably inclined toward the black binder that the metal needles come with. (Or came with? I just looked and they seem to be using the plastic case for both sets now.)

However from reading postings on the subject, it seems that some people who got the metal Options with the black binder really like the plastic case better.

So why not trade? I'll trade the plastic case I got, for the black binder with the intro set of needle holders. If you're interested, please send me a private message.

P.S. I think this is clear, but to avoid any possible confusion... I am proposing a trade of the cases only, not any of the needles or cables.

Silver 01-02-2008 08:49 PM

PM'd you!

Ronda 01-15-2008 09:47 AM

This is a great idea! Have you guys made your trade yet? I'm wondering, Silver, how you like your case (if you've even received it yet).

I have the black binder, and I don't really like it. If anyone else is interested in a trade like this, I'm interested!

Catz 01-15-2008 12:45 PM

I'm interested in swapping with you Ronda. I have the clear case that I'm not keen on at all. Let me know if you are still interested in swapping.

Ronda 01-15-2008 01:06 PM

I got your PM and responded. :)

Foxyie 01-16-2008 01:42 AM

this is a fanastic idea. i also have a black binder if anyone feels like a trade.

md21 01-16-2008 03:18 AM

I PM'd you Foxyie

Silver 01-16-2008 10:18 AM

We did complete our trade and I'm much happier with the plastic case. To me, it's sleeker and less bulky than the binder, although not quite as cool looking. I have two sets of options and actually bought an extra clear binder for another $20 for my first set. I didn't want to do that again for the second set, so I was thrilled when Kyle (SteveDallas) wanted to trade. I still have one binder though in the event I ever want to switch them out.

It turns out that we BOTH asked when ordering from KnitPicks if we could get the other case and were both turned down. LOL Serendipitous, I'd say. ;) I really think KP should make it an Option to buy the case you want with either set. I don't understand why they don't. :shrug:

arrosa 01-16-2008 12:36 PM

ME TOO!!

I have a binder that I am willing to trade if anyone is interested....

Lucy
No. Calif

Lady M 01-16-2008 02:59 PM

I have the clear plastic case and I like the black binder the best. I am willing to trade if anyone wants too.
Just PM Me.......=)
Louann