KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FINISHED! Ripple Baby Afghan Picture on page 3 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73081)

Lighting57 01-04-2008 08:25 PM

FINISHED! Ripple Baby Afghan Picture on page 3

I cast on for baby afghan last night in the "I LOVE THIS YARN" by Hobby Lobby. This acrylic is much nicer than the standard Red Heart and cost less too. The color is a soft butter.

I chose the ripple pattern or feather and fan, I believe is another name. It is working up quickly on #11 needles. I was surprised that it is going as quickly as when I made afghans using the crocheted ripple pattern. This is much prettier though IMO.

dustinac 01-04-2008 09:52 PM

:happydance: it sounds very pretty...I need to start a baby afghan...the shower is the 12th of Jan...and I do need to consider mailing time :oo:

mhansen 01-04-2008 10:21 PM

Sounds pretty. I can't wait to see it.

Lighting57 01-07-2008 03:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So far, I have 13 x 34 inches finished and a small amount left from the first skein. They or 7 oz. each. This is a pretty pattern and would work up great as a lightweight shawl or a heavier weight scarf as well. The pattern is much easier than I had imagined and not hard to remember. I recommend it as a beginner baby blanket or worked in less repeats for a scarf. My hand is in the picture to show size worked with worsted weight on #11 needles.

Jan in CA 01-07-2008 03:14 PM

That is just beautiful!! I can't wait to see the whole thing finished!

knit2btied 01-07-2008 04:09 PM

Beautiful work, Lightinging!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lighting57 (Post 1037463)
So far, I have 13 x 34 inches finished and a small amount left from the first skein. They or 7 oz. each. This is a pretty pattern and would work up great as a lightweight shawl or a heavier weight scarf as well. The pattern is much easier than I had imagined and not hard to remember. I recommend it as a beginner baby blanket or worked in less repeats for a scarf. My hand is in the picture to show size worked with worsted weight on #11 needles.

That is turning out beautifully! I'm inspired!

knit2btied

ladyjessica 01-07-2008 04:17 PM

That is just gorgeous, and I love the color, too. Would you mind sharing the pattern?

Debkcs 01-07-2008 04:32 PM

If you say it's an easy ripple pattern, I'd love the pattern also. What you've done so far is beautiful. Love the color!

auburnchick 01-07-2008 05:47 PM

:inlove:

Oooooo laaaaaaa laaaaaa

Very nice! What yarn are you using?

Lighting57 01-07-2008 05:47 PM

Here you go. I think this also called Feather and Fan, but I'm not certain.

RIPPLE STITCH PATTERN: (multiple of 18) plus any outer edge sticthes you wish to add
Row 1: (RS) K4 * [K2tog] 3 times, [K1, yo] 6 times, [K2tog] 3 times; rep bet *'s end K4

Rows 2: & 3: Knit all stitches

Row 4: K4, purl across all but last four, K remaining 4 stitches.
I used the cable cast on and cast on a multiple of 18 plus an extra 4 for each end. Work the first four rows in garter stitch (knitting all stitches) and then start the pattern. Remember that the K4 in the beginning and ending of the above instructions are to be done in garter stitch. If you choose, you can make more or less of these stitches. Continue the pattern until you have it the desired length ending in four rows of garter stitch. Bind off.