Forum Forum (
-   How-to Questions (
-   -   Spanish Lace "yarn forward" vs "yarn round needle" (

paticake 02-13-2008 10:53 PM

Spanish Lace "yarn forward" vs "yarn round needle"
I am attempting a lace pattern afghan...the old spanish lace stitch. Most of it seems pretty simple, except for the life of me I cannot figure out what the difference is between a "yarn over" and a "yarn round needle". The pattern calls for both in the same repeat, so they have to be different. I have looked online and in my limited books, but it still looks like the same thing. Help!!!

fibrenut 02-13-2008 10:58 PM

Well, in all cases, "yarn forward" means to bring the yarn to the front like you were to purl. The next stitch dictates whether or not it's a yo.
Yarn around is the same as a yo anyway you look at it. LOL!!:thumbsup:

suzeeq 02-13-2008 11:26 PM

Yarn round needle means to wrap the yarn all the way around, like between purl sts or a purl and a knit, or knit and purl. It is a YO, but it points out the yarn should go all the way around.

MMario 02-14-2008 11:47 AM

coulsd be the same, could be different. Can you qoute the two terms in the context of the pattern?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.