KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hands Free Row Counter?!? - Possibly Foot Operated? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76563)

lmsloman 03-01-2008 07:08 PM

Hands Free Row Counter?!? - Possibly Foot Operated?

....Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? You'd think there would be something out there that some famous/genius/crafty knitter has invented where you operate the device with your feet/foot and keeps a count of your rows without ever having to take your hands off of your work!!

I've been looking everywhere online for something like this (or something that I could use to substitute with)....but my efforts have failed me.

Does anyone have a million dollars that they'd like to invest into my potential product? I'd like to mention that I have no experience in engineering or marketing....so you'd have to contribue that as well :)
I can, however, demonstrate the heck out of it (CAUSE I NEED ONE NOW!!!).

Anyway, just a passing thought.......

so far, the coolest thing (other than a digital counter) that I could find online was: THIS **insert whiny voice** But it's still soooo manual!!

knit2btied 03-01-2008 07:43 PM

Well if you find it, please let us know about it! (smile)

SabrinaJL 03-01-2008 07:46 PM

I just use a Kacha-Kacha, hold it between my toes and use the other foot to click it. My husband says it's disgusting but it works for me.

lmsloman 03-01-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinaJL (Post 1073144)
I just use a Kacha-Kacha, hold it between my toes and use the other foot to click it. My husband says it's disgusting but it works for me.

HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!! That's hilarious!!

snowbear 03-01-2008 11:42 PM

Maybe if we could control one w/ our minds? I'm so frustrated, I forget to mark, click or do whatever with whatever I'm using. and with repeats, its even more frustrating!

saracidaltendencies 03-02-2008 12:07 AM

LOL

I had this same thought some time ago! Was thinking how much easier it would be if there were some kind of row counter with a foot pedal!

bree 03-02-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinaJL (Post 1073144)

LOL, why does he say it's disgusting?

Debkcs 03-02-2008 05:09 AM

Quote:

LOL, why does he say it's disgusting?
Maybe she doesn't wash her feet? Just kidding!

I've often wondered if there was a better solution to this problem than saying to my DH, "Please remember this is the third increase, OK?"

Plantgoddess+ 03-02-2008 10:30 AM

I still haven't found anything more efficient than post it notes and a pen. I'm on a sock frenzy and when I need to count rows it's easy to mark down and any changes I make to a pattern in sock #1 I mark down so I can repeat in sock #2.

Marni 03-02-2008 11:04 AM

Here are a couple counters that can easily be adapted to be a "floor counter". Each has screw holes that can be used to secure the counter to a piece of wood that would keep it from falling over as you push it with your foot/toe. I have the silver one and can testify to it's durability.

These pictures should take you directly to the page where they can be purchased. I've never ordered from this company, but in looking for these counters, I can see that they are advertising the cheapest price I've seen ($4.49 + s&h of $5 = $9.49). Office Depot sells the silver one, but without the desktop base and I think it was $10 + tax of course.

I have never seen an actual floor model tally counter.