KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Is anyone else feeling sorry for themselves? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76990)

DQ 03-09-2008 04:49 PM

Is anyone else feeling sorry for themselves?

I'm feeling very sorry for myself (as well as feeling stupid). I scalded my left hand last week and it's just starting to get better and now tonight I've burnt my right hand with steam :help: Both burns are mainly on my index fingers so they're hard to avoid touching and moving :waah: I didn't realise tonights burn was going to be as bad as it is and didn't put it under cold water for long enough so I suppose it my own stupid fault that it hurts so much now :oops:

Are you feeling sorry for yourself tonight?

Ronda 03-09-2008 04:51 PM

Ouch. Burns are horrible. I hope you heal fast!
Yea, I'll join your pity party. I can't go into details, but I'm feeling sorry for myself, too. :waah: :grphug:

DQ 03-09-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronda (Post 1078039)
Ouch. Burns are horrible. I hope you heal fast!
Yea, I'll join your pity party. I can't go into details, but I'm feeling sorry for myself, too. :waah: :grphug:

:hug:

Pity party, I've not heard that expression before! :grphug:

cindycactus 03-09-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DQ (Post 1078047)
:hug:

Pity party, I've not heard that expression before! :grphug:

Oh, Pity Parties are great when someone is feeling down. Sorry that some are sad today. :muah:

Nikkilc 03-09-2008 05:59 PM

:grphug: :hug:
For you all
Can i join the pity party my backs still very painfull and i have nerve damage that effects my hands
Wont stop me knitting though :p

knitgal 03-09-2008 10:23 PM

I always find that when I hurt myself once, I'm like an accident waiting to happen, especially with burns.
One summer I burned my arm on the oven, then I did it again and again- all on different days. It ended up making a large Z on my arm, so all summer I said I was marked by Zoro!

Knitting_Guy 03-10-2008 12:36 AM

Nope, not feeling sorry for myself. I live with pain every single day. Between back problems and a bad hip as a result of a wreck I live every day in pain. You get used to it.

I do however feel sorry for you or anyone else dealing with pain issues as they aren't any fun.

DQ 03-10-2008 06:48 AM

:grphug: for everyone, especially Mason and Nikki.

I've got to soldier on today, lots of housework to do. I'm not looking forward to the washing up though! I'm just a big wuss :oops:

gingerbread 03-10-2008 07:53 AM

I am in the same pity party bad back and the nerve damage is in my legs. So yup you may feel sorry for yourself. May your burns heal up fast.:heart::hug:

:waving:

Pagan Princess 03-10-2008 11:15 AM

I have a spine problem too, so I know how you feel Mason. Sorry everyone is feeling bad.

Me?...have PMT and cramps, a migraine (see former as to why) and I lost a cap off one of my teeth. Due to the first reason I can't get it fixed till later on in the week.