KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Deviled eggs recipe? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77596)

HollyP 03-21-2008 11:44 AM

Deviled eggs recipe?

:waving:I know I can alway count on ya'll for help! Does anyone have a tried and true deviled egg recipe? I was assigned to make them for a pot luck I am going to on Easter. I can honestly say this is one thing I have never made. I love them but have never made them! I've searched online but have found about a million different recipe. After my search I am more confused than ever.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ingrid 03-21-2008 11:48 AM

I make a simple recipe, but everyone loves them.

I boil the eggs (not too fresh or they won't peel) for 15 minutes, and then run them under cold water. Peel them, slice in half and put the yolks in a food processor.

Now's the part where I don't really have amounts. I add mayonaisse until they're the right consistency and taste, then add a bit of dry mustard--again to taste.

Put the goop into a plastic bag and cut the corner and squeeze it into the egg halves. Sprinkle with a tiny bit of paprika if you like.

MMario 03-21-2008 12:16 PM

Essentially I do the same - only I use prepared mustard and add it before the mayo.

If I want to get fancy - I may season with a touch of curry powder and/or use curry powder in place of the paprika

stagebear 03-21-2008 12:19 PM

for the perfect boiled eggs, bring the water to a boil. lower add the eggs and lower to a simmer. cover for 20min.
cut the eggs in half and take out the yolks. mix the yolks with some mayo, a touch of mustard, salt, pepper and a sprinkle of sugar - to taste. i just add a bit at a time and keep tasting.
then put the yolk mixture in the white halves and spinkle with paprika.

Eccie 03-21-2008 12:59 PM

I put a dash of vinegar in mine instead of the mustard. Also if you want the yolks in the middle of the whites. Snap a rubber band on the egg carton and tilt it on it's side in the fridge for a day or so.

auburnchick 03-21-2008 01:29 PM

Deviled eggs are one of my favorite things to make and eat!

Like most people already mentioned, I mix mayo, mustard, salt and pepper into my concoction. One thing that I do different from everyone else is add a bit (a large spoon full) of dill pickle juice to mine. It gives the eggs a nice flavor along with making them creamier.

princess 03-21-2008 02:35 PM

i do the mustard mayo and a dash of white vinegar-it adds a nice tangy flavor to it, oh and to make them look prettier sprinkle paprika on them it doesnt really affect the flavor at all (imo)

Sharly 03-21-2008 02:52 PM

Guess there aren't too many wild variations on deviled eggs! I use mayo, salt, pepper and sweet salad cubes. I also use the spanish paprika to make 'em pretty!

MMario 03-21-2008 02:57 PM

oh, there are plenty of crazy variations - most of them just aren't worth the trouble. though adding some cream cheese, horseradish and bacon is good;
and another variation with diced chicken, raisens and curry powder.

Someone once told me - anything you'd put in an omelet you can put into deviled eggs.

lelvsdgs 03-21-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharly (Post 1084027)
Guess there aren't too many wild variations on deviled eggs! I use mayo, salt, pepper and sweet salad cubes. I also use the spanish paprika to make 'em pretty!

What are sweet salad cubes? This is a new term for me.:oops: