KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2-at-a-time Socks / Tiger-Looking Socks (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77684)

auburnchick 03-23-2008 11:33 PM

2-at-a-time Socks / Tiger-Looking Socks

I finally finished my 2-at-a-time, Magic Loop socks.

I used Trampoline Stretch yarn by Skacel. The colorway is #229. It is a wool/nylon blend. I chose the color because it reminded me of tigers. Since Iím an Auburn fan, I figured this was appropriate. They are a great fit!

I used the Varsity pattern from the 2-at-a-time socks book (author is Melissa Morgan-Oakes). The pattern is supposed to be for striped socks, but I used it because of the ribbing. It seemed simple for my first pair of magic loop socks. Turns out that AuburnChick can follow directions! It helps that this book has pictures!:teehee:

Debkcs 03-24-2008 04:09 AM

What cool socks,Nat. I love them!

Momof4Greys 03-24-2008 07:13 AM

I love the socks!!!! I haven't attempted socks yet, I think I'm afraid of them, I don't know why. I've made the felted clogs and they came out great so I will try the socks soon. I always start but the needles and yarn are so small and my hands feel like giants hands (which they aren't they're very small) but I feel like I'm all thumbs with all the needles. I wonder if this type (two at a time) on circulars would be easier for me. What do you think for my first socks?? I even have some patterns for this type of socks.

ritaw 03-24-2008 07:38 AM

Very nice !! I love the colour . It reminds me of a tiger :)

sue in canada 03-24-2008 08:09 AM

Great looking socks.

auburnchick 03-24-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momof4Greys (Post 1084995)
I love the socks!!!! I haven't attempted socks yet, I think I'm afraid of them, I don't know why. I've made the felted clogs and they came out great so I will try the socks soon. I always start but the needles and yarn are so small and my hands feel like giants hands (which they aren't they're very small) but I feel like I'm all thumbs with all the needles. I wonder if this type (two at a time) on circulars would be easier for me. What do you think for my first socks?? I even have some patterns for this type of socks.

I have to say that Magic Loop takes just a bit of getting used to, but once you get your head wrapped around it, it goes quickly. One long needle is certainly easier to manage than four or five dpns.

I think that the key for you might be selecting a thicker yarn...maybe using worsted weight. Then, you'll use bigger needles and probably have an easier time of it. :thumbsup:

MAmaDawn 03-24-2008 08:31 AM

Good job! Love the color

GinnyG 03-24-2008 08:52 AM

REALLY COOL!! They are just beautiful!

Knit4Pie 03-24-2008 09:24 AM

I love them! I'm getting ready to start my first pair of socks. Well, I've made socks before, but I mean I'm getting ready for my first pair of socks with sock yarn. Yikes!

WandaT 03-24-2008 09:24 AM

Great job! They're gorgeous!!