KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hats for Orphans (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79261)

lynnlisiewski 05-01-2008 12:56 AM

Hats for Orphans

A friend of mine is going to the Ukraine with her church She need help with hats her primary visit is t o a Orphanage for kids with some sort of disabilities That Government does not help because they are not productive humans (my opinion does not count maybe they are doing the best the can they are a poor country)
That orphanage has approx 170 kids ranging from newborn to 16 maybe 17 there are 2 other orphanages that also need hats, they are receiving some help from the Government. Can anyone help natural fibers are best do not worry about wool as they wash the laundry in the river
She is going in September our group has only made 50 we are shooting for 300 we want the poor kids especially since the government does not support them all it would be nice to have at least hats, socks or booties would also be nice my name is Lynn Lisiewski I live in Modesto CA I have never asked for such help the real priority is for the disabled kids
Just email me and I will send you the address Thank you for reading this post
waylynadam@sbcglobal.net

gmmarton 05-01-2008 04:05 PM

I can certainly help with this project. I love to make hats for children. I will pm you for more information.

Good Luck!

iwouldratherbeknitting 05-01-2008 10:15 PM

I will knit some-- I usually knit hats in the summer to send to Afghanistan in the early fall. (I'm a teacher and have more free time in the summer and the long, long, forever and a day plane ride to the states means I have more time to knit!)..

However, I can do nothing right now.. I'm in the middle (ha ha) of packing, getting ready for an International move.. but, I will make at least one.. on the plane to the states in JUNE.. and during the week that I have before I see the hand surgeon.. about my still HURTING LEFT THUMB.. (from OCT!)

I'm afraid, that he might say: "NO KNITTING FOR YOU!" :*(

SEND ME an PRIVATE MESSAGE with your mailing address and I assure you- that I'll manage to knit at least 2 hats before I see the USA Hand Surgeon!

PeattieWa 05-02-2008 01:37 AM

Hi there! I would really like to help with this project as I already have a stash of hats ready to go. Please PM me with the address to send them. Thanks, Becky

Ilovemochi 05-09-2008 06:33 PM

i would love to send some hats! they are my favorite things to make. everyone is begging me to stop. i have so many, i have no where to put them! i also have some ready to go :)

lynnlisiewski 05-29-2008 02:01 PM

Thank you you Peattiwa are soooooooooooo nice

Carol_OH 05-29-2008 02:03 PM

I'm emailing you now!

PeattieWa 05-30-2008 12:03 AM

It was my pleasure. If there is anything else I can do to help with any future projects please let me know! Becky

iwouldratherbeknitting 05-30-2008 12:34 AM

I was able to make almost 1/2 of my hat on the plane yesterday... and the night before... we flew from 8:45pm- 6:45 am.. (with one hour's time zone change in there for good measure) So, I was able to knit quite a bit... I can't sleep on planes and if I hadn't gotten so tired.. I probably could have finished it.

I'll work on it again when I fly out of here on June 15. No time right now.. unless everything gets done. ;)

iwouldratherbeknitting 05-31-2008 05:50 PM

Here's the hat that I finished... of course, it should look better and more hat-like on a real human child???