KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Chili For Dinner (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79964)

Knitting_Guy 05-22-2008 05:56 PM

Chili For Dinner

I rode my bent to the grocery earlier and picked up the stuff to make a nice big pot of chili. It's been simmering on the stove for a while now and the smell is starving me out.

I can't wait for it to be done. Not bragging, but I really do love my chili and so do a lot of other people (at least they've said so while wiping the sweat from their foreheads).

Yum, yum!

cdjack 05-22-2008 06:07 PM

Sounds good. I love chili, but then again I'm from Texas.
My dh and I lived in Ann Arbor, MI for five years and I had a lot of bean and veggie soup that they called chili. Before I moved there, I didn't know that there was more than one kind.

Knitting_Guy 05-22-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjack (Post 1110694)
Sounds good. I love chili, but then again I'm from Texas.
My dh and I lived in Ann Arbor, MI for five years and I had a lot of bean and veggie soup that they called chili. Before I moved there, I didn't know that there was more than one kind.

:rofl:

Yeah there are certain parts of the country where I'll order chili and certain parts I'll order anything but.

Pat in Ca 05-22-2008 06:52 PM

OK.. this is too funny.. I am making Chili today too!! We must be telepathic..since we were both furiously posting on KH today..OK..
Lets here your recipe.. here's mine..(LOW FAT and LOW CALORIE ..
My hubby has heart disease)

CROCK POT

one large 46 OZ container of V-8 Juice
as much chicken as you like
as much Lawry's Chili packet or spices if you prefer
I large can of Chili Beans
1 large can of corn..

I am really a boring cook, but I like this.. yours is probably better, but I am on weight watchers constantly and v-8 is zero points.. and my hubby thinks I am trying to kill him if I make it fatty...

Pat in Ca 05-22-2008 06:55 PM

oh I forgot.. Since this is in the crock pot, I take the chicken out at the end and cut it up and put it back.. it is like shredded and just falls apart it is so tender.. we had a change of weather here in Southern Cal.. cooling off with threats of thunder storms.. perfect for chili

Pat in Ca 05-22-2008 06:56 PM

I meant lets hear your recipe..

Debkcs 05-22-2008 07:01 PM

Hey Pat, I think Mason would call your recipe 'Bean Soup'. :)

We usually make 'Chili Colorado' and occasionally the ground beef and bean type.

My DH is a Texan and doesn't take kindly to 'Northern' chilis.

Cynamar 05-22-2008 07:40 PM

Mmmmmmmm. Smells good from here! On my way......

Jan in CA 05-22-2008 07:40 PM

My DH made a big Crockpot of chili for the last day of class last Wed. I don't know exact amounts of anything, but it had -

black beans
pinto beans
kidney beans
a small amount of garbanzo beans
can of tomatoes
big onion
10 cloves garlic
ground beef
green bell pepper
diced ortega chilis
a little tomato paste
cumin
crushed chilis
chili powder
paprika
salt and pepper
a touch of molasses

Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink. He and everyone else said it was delicious!

Cynamar 05-22-2008 07:49 PM

You must have a HUGE crockpot! I use a crockpot for mine because every single thing sticks on my electric stove. I hate it!