KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Oddball Orphan Blanket for Charity - For Orphanage in Mexico (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81308)

Shandeh 07-05-2008 03:53 AM

Oddball Orphan Blanket for Charity - For Orphanage in Mexico

Hello my friends! :muah:

As you know, we have been making Oddball Blankets for charity for some time now. I'm working on finishing up a couple of them right now, and they will soon be given to charity. (Oddball Blanket #1 & Oddball Lapghan #1)

We still have four more fullsize blankets and one more lapghan in process. They should be completed in the next few months, and they will also be going to charity.

Since our blankets are almost complete, I have decided to get another one started. This blanket will be made specifically to the size requested by an orphanage in Mexico. I am really looking forward to sending handknit blankets for those children.
:heart: cloud9 :heart:

Our first Oddball Orphan Blanket has already been started by our wonderful forum leader, Amy. :)

Here's the beginning of our blanket!

She chose a very interesting stitch design. Just lovely!

I am adding another section of knitting right now, and will be ready to send it out to another knitter in August.

Until then, I'll be accepting new knitters that want to join the project. We need 14 more people to help make the blanket. (I already have two knitters signed up - pcrihfield & evona.)

When I get enough knitters signed up to participate, I will put the names in order, set up a blog for our photos, and get the blanket in the mail to the next knitter.

As usual, our blanket is being handknit with washable worsted weight yarn, and will remain on the original circular needles throughout the process. When you receive the blanket, just tie on your yarn and start knitting. :) Each knitter will have TWO WEEKS to knit their section.

Who wants to join in?

gmmarton 07-05-2008 11:31 AM

Count me in, please!!!

auburnchick 07-05-2008 03:21 PM

Please sign me up too!

Thanks!

Shandeh 07-05-2008 04:00 PM

Thank you both! :hug:

Now, we just need 12 more knitters.

By the way, I will be arranging knitters geographically, so the postage will not be so bad. Let's keep this blanket within the United States, so we don't have to deal with international shipping. :thumbsup:

If you have any allergies to pets or tobacco smoke, please let me know, so I can let you be one of the earlier knitters.

misha rf 07-06-2008 11:48 AM

Me, please!! :waving:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom 07-06-2008 12:25 PM

count me in, I had fun working on lapghan #2 :)

Shandeh 07-07-2008 02:18 AM

Thank you, ladies! :hug:

Now, we need 10 more knitters!

PeattieWa 07-07-2008 02:51 AM

Sandy, I would like to help with this project please. Becky

Shandeh 07-07-2008 02:53 AM

Thank you, Becky! :hug:

HollyP 07-07-2008 09:32 AM

I'd love to be a part of this!