KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81358)

Shandeh 07-07-2008 01:11 AM

Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Hello friendly charity knitters and crocheters!

We work together to make Oddball Baby Blankets for charity. Our blankets will be made according to the requests of our local hospital(s), so keep watching this thread to see our guidelines.

HollyP will be the leader for the Southeast Region Oddball Baby Blankets.

The Southeast Region includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia

If you would like to volunteer to help make our blankets, please send MAmaDawn a private message, and she'll help you get started!

Our project will begin in August, so let's start our plans!

MAmaDawn 07-07-2008 07:53 AM

I am very excited to be working with everyone on these blankets.

I'm working on the blog. And getting everything set up.

HollyP is helping me (thank you! :hug:)

I'll post the link to the blog as soon as it's ready.

kellybigeyes 07-07-2008 10:02 AM

Hey MAmaDawn... I just wanted to make sure that you add me to the list. Do I need to send you my address in a PM? I'm sure you know that I have been working on blankets already with Shandeh. So I'm familiar with how everything works. I can't wait to get started next month. I look forward to working with you.

MAmaDawn 07-07-2008 12:00 PM

Yup you are on the list. The only parts that may change is making the blanket meet the needs of the hospital. HollyP is checking on that part.

As soon and she is able to find out what the needs are for the hospital we choose then we can start planning blankets.

HollyP 07-07-2008 07:24 PM

Hey everybody! I called the hospital today and the volunteer coordinator is on vacation. She'll be back in the next couple of days. Hopefully I'll be able to get an answer then.
The hospital I am hoping to be able to donate to is Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters in Norfolk, VA. Here is a link to the hospital - CHKD . As I already told MamaDawn, CHKD has a really special place in my heart. My youngest brother spent a lot of his youth there due to major congential heart defects. Our family credits this hospital with saving his life multiple times. Thankfully he is now a healthy happy adult.
I will let you all know as soon as I know anything!!

LBECK 07-08-2008 06:42 PM

Count me in!!!

I am very excited to get started. You can count me in. I have been working on a couple of the blankets so far. I got in kinda late but have already done 3 now. I will PM you my address MAmaDawn.
I can crochet so I will be glad to help on the borders as well.

I also have several ideas in mind for blankets but will have to post more later about that.

Shandeh 07-08-2008 07:30 PM

Go Southeast! :woohoo:

MAmaDawn 07-08-2008 10:28 PM

Shandah is going to be our cheerleader now... :teehee:

I have everyone that has pmed me or posted here on my list... just waiting till the volunteer coordinator gets back from vacation... Remember patience is a virtue... too bad that it's not easier... ;)

Shandeh 07-10-2008 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAmaDawn (Post 1127151)
Shandah is going to be our cheerleader now... :teehee:

Yes I am! :)

MAmaDawn 07-10-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shandeh (Post 1127643)
Yes I am! :)

:roflhard: That is so funny!!!!