KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   [FO] Mother Bear Project; Bear #2 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82271)

Marni 08-03-2008 08:03 PM

[FO] Mother Bear Project; Bear #2

This is my second Mother Bear. I suppose I don't have to name them, but I can... so I did. This one I've named Albert. He was knit in the round starting with the head and using Judy Becker's magic cast on to create a no seam start. I knitted down a bit leaving openings for the arms and added the face (thank you Jan for that suggestion!). I continued down to the crotch where one leg is put on waste yarn and the other is knitted down to the end of the paw. I added both arms finishing them with the last 2 rounds k2tog then pulling the yarn through the remaining stitches for the rounded paw look. I then stuffed him before picking up for the 2nd leg. After knitting about 2/3 of the second leg I stuffed him some more down into the last leg as I knitted it and finished the feet with a Kitchener stitch after some more stuffing. There will be a gap in the crotch that has to be seemed up, and it's a good spot to add additional stuffing if need be. Knit and attach a scarf and sew corners of the head to make ears. Wallah!

If you want the pattern as it is originally posted knitted flat, folded and seemed up you can get it at DIY Knitty Gritty.

Jan in CA 08-03-2008 10:36 PM

Albert looks awesome! I'm glad the pattern worked out for you! :thumbsup:

Debkcs 08-04-2008 01:24 AM

He's adorable, Marni. Some kidlet will really enjoy him.

Ladylou 08-04-2008 01:48 AM

Hi There!:heart:

Oh that is just DARLING!cloud9 Albert look so professionally done, and i love your color choices! Will check out the patterncloud9

Love,
Lexie:muah:

Slim 08-04-2008 07:19 AM

Oh, now that's cute!! Very nice work.

tarrentella 08-04-2008 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yay! he looks great. Thanks for the in-the-round advice too. I would like to make a few more of these (i adore the charity) but hat seaming so that will be great. do you mind if i posta picture of my first attempt at a Mother Bear Project Bear, it was actually my third ever project fater a scarf and a hat.

ritaw 08-04-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarrentella (Post 1137572)
yay! he looks great. Thanks for the in-the-round advice too. I would like to make a few more of these (i adore the charity) but hat seaming so that will be great. do you mind if i posta picture of my first attempt at a Mother Bear Project Bear, it was actually my third ever project fater a scarf and a hat.

Both bears are delightful :) Well done girls :)

newamy 08-04-2008 02:51 PM

What a cute bear. I hope Albert brings love to a far away child.

feministmama 08-04-2008 09:19 PM

Oh look how cute he is!!!!!! Great job! :thumbsup:

Knitting_Guy 08-04-2008 10:26 PM

Very cool. :thumbsup: