KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I can has Ravelry!!!! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83264)

lizardknits 09-01-2008 05:20 PM

I can has Ravelry!!!!

I just today got the invite for Ravelry!!!!
yay!!!!
woot!!!!
:woohoo: :happydance: :cheering: :) cloud9
I will update my siggy now with my name there

Debkcs 09-01-2008 05:23 PM

Enjoy!

susi 09-01-2008 05:31 PM

welcome to the never ending pattern libruary :yay: .

you can spend hours on there and still have hours left to look hehe

nephthys8 09-02-2008 10:38 AM

After I got Ravelry, I spend less and less time on KH, too. I still come here for How-To questions because the response is so fast, but Ravelry is the kind of online community that just sucks you in and won't let go. My laptop at home has a permanent Ravelry tab open in Firefox. :mrgreen:

Crycket 09-02-2008 10:54 AM

*does a little happy dance with you*

Cynamar 09-02-2008 11:12 AM

YAY!!! Party time! What is your name there?

lizardknits 09-03-2008 12:21 PM

Eowyn1

nbrome 09-08-2008 05:16 PM

Good Heavens, what is this?
Never heard of the site. Prizes for explaining why everyone wants to get on there. (But I mean in detail, not just that it's wonderful).

lizardknits 09-10-2008 09:30 AM

its kinda like this site, but kinda not

in addition to being a community of yarn crafters, it is also a way to get free pattern, share patterns, keep track of your supplies and stash, aand, of course, meet people

nephthys8 09-10-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbrome (Post 1150619)
Good Heavens, what is this?
Never heard of the site. Prizes for explaining why everyone wants to get on there. (But I mean in detail, not just that it's wonderful).

www.ravelry.com
"ravelry is a knit and crochet community"

- It is an online community for all of us who do fiber crafts. :)
- It is in "beta test" mode right now, which means that they are still working out some of the kinks.
- You have to sign up (it is free!) with your email address and wait a few days until they add you as a member. You can check the status while you wait, but it isn't long. (I waited about 4 days and that was recently.)
- Once you join, it has everything: forums like we have here, groups to join based on all kind of interests (pets, tv shows, other hobbies you have, spinning, local SnB's, etc. - tons of 'em), a place to keep track of your stashed yarns, an interactive card to keep an inventory of your needles, an extensive library of free and buyable patterns, and (best of all, I think) a whole area to keep track of your projects where you can connect to a photo host (like Flikr or Photobucket) and your knitting blog (if you have one).
- Once you add a project (and they can be FOs or WIPs), you can then "share" it with other people--people you have "friended" or in groups you have joined. That way, others can see the progress you are making.

There's a lot more, too... really too much to explain all of it, but the bottom line is that it is an all-inclusive community that is great if you do fiber crafts because you can kind of keep track of everything in one place.

I hope this helps! :)