KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FFO: BETTNA cardigan (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84124)

ArtLady1981 09-30-2008 03:29 PM

FFO: BETTNA cardigan

Finally Finished!

I had a hard time with this yarn!

It tweeds heavily, but the prevailing overall color, after all the colors tweed together, is an olivey mud.

So I experimented with the yarn colors...and got a nice appearance by using 5 separated skeins across the BACK rows...and 3 sep skeins for the FRONTS and SLEEVES.

This is the FRONT of "Bettna":

This is the BACK:

This is the book, with the model BETTNA on the cover.

Used 11 skeins of CRYSTAL PALACE "TAOS" in colorway #15
"Chaco Canyon" (1408 yds)

Well, I'm gonna wear it tonight...with a khaki skirt and a leaf green top. This Chaco Canyon should be very versatile for wardrobe change-ups.

Indygirl 09-30-2008 03:38 PM

Artlady, What a lovely sweater! :yay:

GirlChris 09-30-2008 04:02 PM

That is just gorgeous, great job.

Jan in CA 09-30-2008 04:09 PM

:passedout: You are the sweater queen! It's beautiful!

I wish I lived closer so I could take lessons! Do you have a dresser or closet just for handknit sweaters? :teehee:

ArtLady1981 09-30-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1158437)
:passedout: You are the sweater queen! It's beautiful!

I wish I lived closer so I could take lessons! Do you have a dresser or closet just for handknit sweaters? :teehee:

I have a 10x9 "room" for my handknits! The width of the closet has 3 floor to ceiling hanging sweater shelves, open in the front: they house my most frequently worn sweaters...and sweater 'dressers' (with clear drawer fronts) line the walls, along with a large table filled with my knitting library of books. A chair with an attached side table sits in the middle of the room. I use it when I'm mulching about in my books and pattern binders, hunting for inspiration!

Does this mean I'm a knitter yet? :eyes:

I had to chuckle at a comment I heard SASHA KAGAN make! I met her on an Alaskan Knitter's Cruise back in 2004. She was one of our designers giving 20 hours of lessons featuring her colorwork techniques. She said her living/sitting/knitting/designing room is filled with balls and balls of yarn everywhere. She sits amidst hundreds of yarn balls, knitting and designing! I could so totally viusalize that!

I am far far far from even remotely being a knitter like Sasha Kagan and Elsebeth Lavold! But I totally enjoy knitting away at whatever strikes me!

Mystery_Gyrl 09-30-2008 05:06 PM

Your car coat turned out really wonderfully, ArtLady. With little change such interesting surprises occur. Thanks for posting the finished pictures.
Katrina

auburnchick 09-30-2008 06:11 PM

Oh wow! Another lovely sweater!

You have such a gift for matching the perfect yarn with the right pattern (not to mention how well you execute it).

Wonderful job!

Oh, and I'd love to see pictures of the fabulous closet you described. :wink:

Doublereeder2 09-30-2008 06:34 PM

Wow - that is gorgeous! You are indeed a wonderfully talented knitter :-).

beachwalker 09-30-2008 07:34 PM

This is beautiful! I would love to do one for myself.:)

cam90066 09-30-2008 07:46 PM

WOW! Love your colorway and also that of the original (more my colors). Interesting how you opted to work the separate 'panels' in your version. The style/striping of the orig reminds me somewhat of my 'Gawdy cardi' which I wear much more than I ever thought I would. These types of designs are so comfy and versatile. As I'm sure yours will be as well!

cam