KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Is anyone else out there upset that Walmart is discontinueing their caron yarn and their cream and sugar yarn!!!!!!! :( (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84217)

MsBehavin 10-01-2008 09:26 PM

Is anyone else out there upset that Walmart is discontinueing their caron yarn and their cream and sugar yarn!!!!!!! :(

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
This makes me very sad.

suzeeq 10-01-2008 10:19 PM

Peaches and Cream, sugar and cream is another brand, and not all of it - at least at my store there's only a few colors marked down. And a lot of the baby yarns and some Lion. Yes, it's too bad, but buy what you think you can use while the prices are good.

Mike 10-02-2008 06:20 AM

They're getting rid of all the Lion here, which means I stocked up on Lion Wool since that is what I use for socks and hats. It will bug me later when I'm finally out and can't run out locally to get more, or when I need to fix a hole in a pair of socks.

The Caron bugs me a little because I was just getting into using it I did grab a couple extra for a sweater I've started.
I didn't notice Peaches and Cream being marked down. If it is I'll have to stock up on that too.

The Bernat is also going here and that one does bug me since that was one I used to crochet soft acrylics. I don't have anything in mind and the skeins are so small that I doubt if they would have enough to make something out of.

I don't trust them to keep any yarn so I'm going to have to buy the rest of what I need to finish a Red Heart afghan I started before I got sidetracked knitting.

dustinac 10-02-2008 08:17 AM

I ran in to our wal-mart yesterday for Mustard :teehee: and found out that all the yarn had been put on clerance except the sugar yarn...all needles/bags/books/ everything...to bad it was all picked over...they only had 2skeins of Caron left. I have a lys here but wal-mart is it for the other types of yarn...now I either have to drive 40 mins or have s/h charges :wall:

I use caron a lot for my kids.

PurlyGyrl 10-02-2008 08:53 AM

Yep. I'm bummed out. I use lots Caron for my projects. I could count on Wal-Mart to get a quick skien or two. Now if I want yarn of any sort I'll have to drive over 75 miles to get it. Gosh, I sometimes I hate being in such a rural area. Thank goodness for internet shopping or I'd probably have to give up knitting.

:passedout:
Naw! I'd find a way.

farmgirl 10-02-2008 09:03 AM

I bought a ton of simply soft and bernat softee chunky. Some of the peaches & cream were marked down. I really didn't need more yarn right now but it was so cheap! my wal-mart's haven't clearanced anything lion brand yet.

Simply_Renee 10-02-2008 09:05 AM

Holy crap- are all Wal-marts doing this? That's where I get most of my yarn.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom 10-02-2008 09:42 AM

they're phasing out their craft departments (and all service departments) so that when they go to super centers (like they all plan to) it'll be "easier".

fine, they don't need my money. A target is opening up in the next town over a week from sunday and i'll just buy my yarn from AC Moore

KnittinMitchie 10-02-2008 10:06 AM

I'm a little disappointed but I have a Hobby Lobby I can go to. I absolutely LOVE Caron Simply Soft and my one Walmart is all out of it. I have to go check the other one still. Plus hobby Lobby has a HUGE yarn section.

If I need woll I normally order from Knit Picks and spend $50 so I cn get free shipping.

suzeeq 10-02-2008 10:07 AM

Well look at it this way... the shipping charges are probably about the same as 2 gallons of gas, which is about what you'd use to drive 50-60 miles to the closest source of SS. So some of you might save in the long run. I have a Hobby Lobby here, so I can get it here, but I would use the 40% coupon to buy it at the same price WM had as its regular price. Anyway, I bought about 7 skeins of it so I'm stocked up for now.