KIT N' KABOODLE SWAP *OPEN NOW*
SWAP IS NOW CLOSED!!!!
Hello Everyone!! My Best friend(KnitPrincess) and I(*KnitPixie*) have decided that it is time for a new swap and we have decided to make it a kit swap:woohoo: Wouldn't everyone just LOVE to get a package in which they could make something right away? Have you ever found a pattern you loved and wanted to knit but realized that you do not have all the essentials to do so..well with the kit made from your swap pal you will be able to:) Your pal will select Five patterns he/she have been wanting to knit/crochet and you will then choose a pattern in which you would like to base the kit around..YAY WHAT FUN?!
From a list from my pal I chose the Jaywalker sock pattern and plan to make a little sock kit.
So I would include sock yarn to make the socks, sock stitch markers, and maybe even sew a cute project bag and include some chocolate..Voila!! A sock kit that she is sure to love:)
Please be sensitive to the fact that this is our first time being swap hostesses so we decided to do it together to take off some of the pressure:teehee:
This swap is now for international swappers as well as the states
If there are any questions at all please email me( TINKS624@aol.com)titled HELP SWAP and My Best friend and I will review your question and get back to you as soon as we can:wink:
Swap time line:
Registration by: October 24,2008 (Closed)
Partners will be given by: October 31,2008(Already given)
Packages must be mailed by: November 28,2008
*ALL PACKAGES MUST HAVE A DELIVERY CONFIRMATION(less than a dollar) SO THE PACKAGE CAN BE TRACKED*
Here is the 'Kit n' Kaboodle' plan:
*Price ranges are $15, $20, $25, and $30(not including shipping) These prices are USD
* This theme is based on getting a knitting kit to complete a given project. Meaning a kit that has a pattern, yarn to knit the chosen project and a knitting tool/notion tailored to suit your partners preference.
* Please keep in mind favourite fibers (and allergies too! got to be a responsible swapper.)
* Your swap pal will pick five patterns that they have been wanting to knit/crochet but these patterns must be of a simple nature as to keep within the price range. Examples :Socks, scarves, hats,mittens, ect. Also you are to create a healthy mix of free patterns as well if you include pay patterns:)
the secret sender would then be responsible for doing the following:
* dye, spin, or buy yarn in their selected price range
*Choose one pattern from the choices they have given to make your pal a kit. If you have a higher price range to meet feel free to add more patterns and yarn until you meet the price range=)
*You are also responsible for including a knitting tool/notion. This can be knitting needles,stitch markers, holders, tape measurers, row counters etc.
:heart:optional of course (as usual) would be little goodies like chocolate, teas, special regional treats or favourite candies .. whatever pops into your wonderful heads!(can be included in price range but please no more than 15% of the price as this is a knitting swap and most of the contents should relate to knitting;) Fair enough?!)
Package tracking or delivery confirmation is required for this swap
Also we think communication is very important in a swap so we have decided that the rules are:
You must contact your secret pal once when you get their info(2-3 days), a second time, no later than Nov. 15th, and a third time when you have mailed the package.
:fingerwag: We will not tolerate anyone NOT contacting their pal. This helps your pal know you are still participating, and keeps you more accountable for your package. Swappers, if your partner fails to contact you by November 15th, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Via PM please!!
Copy and paste this into an email and email me (TINKS624@aol.com) the entire questionnaire with all answers filled in! Title it SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE To make it easier for me, I will be assigning you a number as I receive your questionnaire. This will be how I track your emails from then on and you will need to include it in the subject line of all your emails to me please!
There is a limit of 50 people to this swap(including us since we want to play too).
Price categories are in USD -------------------------------------------------
1. Your name (KH Screen name, Ravelry Name, first name, last name):
2. Your mailing address:
3. Your primary e-mail address:
4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like us to contact you? (Primary email, KnittingHelp PM, Ravelry PM)
5. Price category $15, $20, $25, $30
6. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept odorless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)
7. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?
8. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?
9. Fiber preference(make sure to keep within your price range)?
10. What are your favorite colors?
11. Do you prefer solid or variegated yarn?or do you prefer your partner to surprise you =)
11. Please list at least five possible patterns you would like to receive for your surprise kit!
(a direct link or name is best, and please, if you list a 'paid' pattern, try to include a free on as well!)
12. What knitting tools or notion(stitch markers, stitch holders, or a certain pair of knitting needles) Approx. $5 in value) that you would like to receive in your kit (please keep in mind the patterns you have chosen)?
13. Would you be willing to be an "Angel" (Back Up Secret Swapper) for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? It would be much appreciated=) (you would then have 2 people to give to please keep this in mind)
14. Would you be willing to ship internationally?
No one wants to join us...ahhh come on it will be fun. Don't make us swap all by our lonesomes=)
This sounds like so much fun!!! I can't join you though, I'm going into the hospital on Tuesday for a hysterectomy and will be out of commission for a while. Maybe next time. I'm sure there'll be others who'd love to jump in!
Lee well wishes and you can join us next time;) Although from the looks of it my friend and I will be swapping alone teehee
yay thanks for joining us:)
*grrr* why did you have to post a swap? :) I'm going to be in the
U.S. during the swap time and I'm awfully tempted to join! I think I'll
have to let it stew for a few days hehe....
Great idea for a swap, btw!
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to think about some patterns first and will sign up soon.
Cool! I will join, I have to go now but I fill fill out the questionaire when I get back. Thanks for the invite :cheering:
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 PM.|